- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
- Specialist wikis
About Olufemi Oyedele
I am an experienced project and construction manager.
A hard working goal-getter with over twenty-nine years of work experience within project procurement, property and estate management areas. I am a trained Team-Leader, Systems Thinker and can encourage all people to work well as a team. I am able to build strong working relationships. I have excellent listening and communication skills. As a trained Procurement Manager and an International Project Manager, I work in a professional and efficient manner and understand the importance of time management. I have participated in various Procurement Management trainings both locally and internationally. I understand the Cotonou Treaty on representations and scoring of bids in public procurement. I also understand the World Bank Guidelines (2011) on procurement for contractors and consultants.
Leadership skills · Managerial skills · IT Skills – confident with MS Office and Microsoft Project Planning software and Portfolio, Programme and Project Office (P3O) skill · Value Management, · Change Management.
Associate Member, Nigerian Institution of Estate Surveyors and Valuers (NIESV) and registered by the Estate Surveyors and Valuers Registration Board of Nigeria (ESVARBON) to practice estate management in Nigeria.
- Systems Thinking Course organised online by OpenLearning Global Pty Ltd, Level 2, 235-239 Commonwealth Street Surry Hills NSW 2010, Australia.
- Real Estate Investing Workshop, Hyatt Regency Hotel, 151, East Wacker Drive, Chicago Downtown, IL 60601, USA. Saturday, January 4, 2020, by Legacy Education Alliance, Inc. 1612 E. Cape Coral Parkway, Cape Coral, Florida, FL 33904, USA. Tel: +1-239-542-0643.
- The Business of Independent Project Management Consultancy, LCCI Conference and Exhibition Centre, Alausa, Ikeja, Lagos State, by NIESV Faculty of Project Finance and Management, Nigeria.
- Effective Budget Monitoring and Control, University of Ibadan Conference Centre, Monday, 9 October, – Friday, 13 October, 2017, by FAGNA Training and Consultants Limited, Ibadan.
- Project Management, 3J’s Hotel, No 31, P. O. W. Mafemi Crescent, Opposite Customary Court of Appeal, Utako, Abuja. Wednesday, 28th – Friday, 30th January, 2015, by Supreme Management Training and Consultancy Services Limited, Bodija Estate, Ibadan.
I have attended World Bank and Federal Operation Coordinating Unit (FOCU) organised trainings on Procurement, Managing Social Safety Nets operations and Project Management under Youth Employment and Social Support Operation (YESSO).
I have Master of Philosophy in Construction Management from Obafemi Awolowo University, Nigeria (2016).
I have Master of Science in International Project Management from Glasgow Caledonian University, Scotland (2008).
I have Master of Science in Housing Development and Management from University of Ibadan, Nigeria (2005).
I have Bachelor of Science in Estate Management from University of Lagos, Nigeria (1991).
I have National Diploma in Building Technology from Yaba College of Technology, Nigeria (1984).
I have published over 72 articles on topical and academic issues including “Public-Private Partnership and Infrastructure Provision in Developing Nations”, “Averting the spate of abandon project”, “Urban Regeneration and Sustainability”, “Facilities Management as a tool for infrastructure provision in developing nations”, “Unlocking real estate potentials for economic development of Nigeria”, “Assessment of causes of building collapse in Nigeria”, “How Managers Can Motivate their Employees”, “Assessment of adoption of modern methods of construction (MMC) in Nigeria” and “How to become a business owner. I authored “The Basics of Project Management” published by Artman Press Limited, Osogbo, and have two books under production on “Affordable Housing in Developing Countries” and “Investing in Real Estate in Developing Nations”. I am married with three children.
Featured articles and news
What will it take to stop it ?
To celebrate world bee day 2022 !
Not forgetting part F and the new part overheating part O.
As energy prices jump up in cost.
With people in the UK from Ukraine.
Industry leader Steve Murray takes on role.
An abundant and versatile building material.
600,000 heat pump installations targeted per year by 2028.
Helping prevent those unwanted outcomes.
How has transport changed due to Covid-19 ?
Will you need it ? after June 15 and the new Part O ?
Create an account and write the first of many articles.
CIAT commentary after the first meeting.
Who is to blame?
Research recommends focussing on portfolio success rather than project success.
The revised standard for mapping underground utilities.
Cross-industry steering group seeks support in delivery.