- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
Every current and future flat roofed building should have a green roof, to:
- Reduce building heating requirements in winter (extra insulation) and cooling requirements in summer (lower overheating through roof).
- Reduce urban heat island effect in cities.
- Slow runoff of water to avoid local flooding.
- Provide additional greenspace for building occupants.
Simple, cost effective stuff!
Featured articles and news
The rich archaeology of the Isle of Man is an important part of its cultural heritage.
BSRIA call on the industry to attract more women.
The construction methods have changed a lot since the first roads were built around 4,000 BC.
How to deliver a five-fold multiplier effect from investment in water infrastructure.
RSHP's Leadenhall building is named a 2018 RIBA National Award winner.
Gary Neville's controversial Manchester tower gets the green light to go ahead.
Health and safety is everyone’s responsibility.
BSRIA guide to energy storage in buildings - a technology overview.
The UK’s largest Passivhaus accredited affordable housing scheme.
ICE set out 5 recommendations for the Government Construction Strategy 2018 update.
Balfour Beatty fined £500,000 for exposing workers to hand-arm vibration.