The ecological baseline is the ecological value of a site before construction works are undertaken. It can be compared to the ecological value of the site after construction works are complete to determine where there have been changes.
In this context, ecological value is the importance, worth, or usefulness of a species, habitat or ecosystem in terms of its impact on other species and / or habitats, as well as other environmental, social, cultural and economic value that can be delivered from species and habitats and their interactions, specific to a geographical frame of reference.
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
- Biodiversity in the urban environment.
- Biodiversity offsetting.
- BREEAM Ecological value of site.
- BREEAM Enhancing site ecology.
- BREEAM Minimising impact on existing site ecology.
- BREEAM Protection of ecological features.
- Ecological impact assessment.
- Ecological survey for design and construction
- Ecology compensation.
- Eco-Management and Audit Scheme.
- Habitat Suitability Index.
- Helping to make Europe a wilder place.
- Preliminary ecological appraisal.