The term ‘ecology compensation’ refers to:
'Measures taken to make up for the loss of, or permanent damage to, biological resources through the provision of replacement areas. Any replacement area should be similar to or, with appropriate management, have the ability to reproduce the ecological functions and conditions of those biological resources that have been lost or damaged.'
See also Biodiversity offsetting.
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
- Biodiversity in the urban environment.
- Biodiversity offsetting.
- Biodiversity net gain consultation.
- BREEAM Ecological value of site.
- BREEAM Enhancing site ecology.
- BREEAM Protection of ecological features.
- BREEAM Minimising impact on existing site ecology.
- Campaigning for biodiversity.
- Ecology connectivity.
- Ecological impact assessment.
- Ecological network.
- Ecological survey.
- Environmental net gain.
- Habitat Suitability Index.
- Helping to make Europe a wilder place.