- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
- Specialist wikis
Last edited 29 Dec 2021
Designing Buildings Editor
|WANTED: Editor with experience of the construction industry.|
Are you passionate about the construction industry? Do you have experience of working on built environment projects so you understand the processes and issues involved? Are you an exceptional writer with a flair for research, able to write about technical subjects for a professional audience?
Designing Buildings Wiki is the free, open-access knowledge base for the construction industry. Used by 8.5 million people a year, our successful platform has been running since 2012 and is now the most popular construction industry website in the UK.
We’re looking for an editor to manage the day-to-day operation of the site. This role includes:
- Helping develop and implement our ambitious plans for growth.
- Researching and writing factual, ‘encyclopaedic’ articles about construction industry subjects.
- Supporting our sponsors in creating and promoting articles.
- Editing user-generated articles and sourcing articles from industry experts.
- Preparing newsletters.
- Managing daily communications and social media.
- Attending meetings and networking events.
We're a small team committed to creating an environment where you can thrive. We will do this by:
- Providing learning and development opportunities to help you build your experience.
- Involving you in key decisions and recognising the important contributions you make.
- Creating a flexible, inclusive and friendly place to work.
The successful candidate will be home-based, but should be able to attend occasional meetings in London.
Job-sharing proposals will be considered.
Remuneration will be £35 to £40k depending on experience and skills.
How to apply
Send your CV to [email protected] with ‘job application’ in the subject line. Your application should include 2-3 examples of professional writing you have done in the past.
Deadline: 29 January 2022
Featured articles and news
CIOB consultation seeks feedback on APPG 2020 report.
How to respond to changes made in the October 2021 update.
Resource provides professional installation assistance.
Adaptive planning proposal spans 15 years.
Activities summarised by the Construction Industry Council.
How Islamic architecture shaped Europe. Book review.
The campaign to preserve a rare blacksmith bridge.
Transitional options for the next generation of heating technologies.
Additional support being offered to job seekers with autism.