- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
- Specialist wikis
Last edited 30 Jan 2022
Designing Buildings Editor
The closing date for applications has now passed. If you have submitted an application you will hear from us shortly.
|WANTED: Editor with experience of the construction industry.|
Are you passionate about the construction industry? Do you have experience of working on built environment projects so you understand the processes and issues involved? Are you an exceptional writer with a flair for research, able to write about technical subjects for a professional audience?
Designing Buildings Wiki is the free, open-access knowledge base for the construction industry. Used by 8.5 million people a year, our successful platform has been running since 2012 and is now the most popular construction industry website in the UK.
We’re looking for an editor to manage the day-to-day operation of the site. This role includes:
- Helping develop and implement our ambitious plans for growth.
- Researching and writing factual, ‘encyclopaedic’ articles about construction industry subjects.
- Supporting our sponsors in creating and promoting articles.
- Editing user-generated articles and sourcing articles from industry experts.
- Preparing newsletters.
- Managing daily communications and social media.
- Attending meetings and networking events.
We're a small team committed to creating an environment where you can thrive. We will do this by:
- Providing learning and development opportunities to help you build your experience.
- Involving you in key decisions and recognising the important contributions you make.
- Creating a flexible, inclusive and friendly place to work.
The successful candidate will be home-based, but should be able to attend occasional meetings in London.
Job-sharing proposals will be considered.
Remuneration will be £35 to £40k depending on experience and skills.
How to apply
Send your CV to [email protected] with ‘job application’ in the subject line. Your application should include 2-3 examples of professional writing you have done in the past.
Deadline: 29 January 2022
Featured articles and news
Can XR technology be leveraged in design & construction?
Or are you capping.
Digital gaming competition for UK students aged 16 to 18.
Heritage protection in England vs Australia.
Three-quarters of fire doors fail inspections
The role of geoparks, biospheres and world heritage sites.
Just one month to go ! Find out more here.
A new gallery for the University of Huddersfield.
What will it take to stop it ?
To celebrate world bee day 2022 !
Not forgetting part F and the new part overheating part O.
As energy prices jump up in cost.
With people in the UK from Ukraine.
Industry leader Steve Murray takes on role.
An abundant and versatile building material.
600,000 heat pump installations targeted per year by 2028.
Helping prevent those unwanted outcomes.
How has transport changed due to Covid-19 ?
Will you need it ? after June 15 and the new Part O ?
Create an account and write the first of many articles.