- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
Last edited 12 Feb 2021
Association for Project Management APM
With over 30,000 individual members and more than 500 corporate partners, the APM is the largest professional body for project managers in Europe. In common with many chartered bodies, its members are required to abide by a code of professional conduct.
 Five dimensions of professionalism
- Breadth – the APM Body of Knowledge defines what is needed to manage any kind of project and is the foundation of many project management standards.
- Depth – the Competence Framework maps levels of knowledge and experience to help promote an individual’s skills and abilities.
- Achievement – APM qualifications are recognised throughout the profession and aligned with the International Project Management Association (IPMA) four-level certification programme.
- Commitment – embarking on CPD can enhance a project management career.
- Accountability – all members commit to the APM Code of Professional Conduct which outlines the ethical practice that is expected from them.
Broadly, the APM’s vision is to create “a world in which all projects succeed, with project management as a life-skill for all”. Advancing the art, science, theory and practice of project management to help inspire communities to develop meaningful change for the benefit of society.
There are four grades of APM membership:
 Local reach
APM branches host events aimed at all levels of membership. Events serve to keep members updated on the latest developments in project, programme and portfolio management, foster networking and contributing to the requirements of CPD. APM relies to some extent on the expertise and commitments of a volunteer community to deliver numerous wide-ranging activities, including events, publications and product development.
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
- Code of practice for project management.
- Code of practice for programme management.
- Commercial management.
- Construction project manager - morning tasks.
- Contingency theory.
- Design management.
- Design reviews.
- Game theory.
- Lead consultant.
- Lead designer.
- Monte Carlo simulation.
- Pareto analysis.
- Preliminary business case.
- Project execution plan.
- Project manager's report.
- Project monitoring.
- Project sponsor.
- Risk management.
- Strategic brief.
- User panels.
 External references
Featured articles and news
Improving facilities, accessibility and overall appearance.
Free download of TG 12/2021 available.
TESP works with The Youth Group to form skill sharing network.
Big tech collaborates on platform for the built environment.
Letter signed by 21 organisations sent to MHCLG.
A look at the Government's strategic approach.
Steps to help reduce the spread of infection inside buildings.
This social media-centred hobby can be both dangerous and illegal.
Millwork wall treatment with a long and illustrious history.
HSE introduces cumulative exposure calculator.
The Edwardians and their houses.
Cut off from civilian life for over 900 years.
Gaining green support from the carbon giants.
Click the button to subscribe.