- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
- Specialist wikis
About AAU School of Architecture
We are an architecture school led by a distinguished faculty of architects working together with their students to build a better world
We are dedicated to advancing the field of architecture by offering academic programs that foster critical thinking, artistic vision, and responsible leadership. We offer an excellent design education by developing each student’s capacity to synthesize critical thought, architectural vision, and technical comprehension. Through our programs, we enable our students to become responsible leaders in their field, who have the skills to envision, design, and construct a desirable and viable future.
Throughout the studio-centric program, our students become top designers, who share a deeper understanding of architecture. We provide them with the knowledge and abilities necessary to investigate their ideas and transform their architectural visions into built reality. We strongly believe in our students’ potential to shape the future of our environment as critical leaders in their field.
Dedicated to the relationship between theory, up-to-date technical developments, advanced architectural design, and the practice of making and building, the program has an exceptional profile. With an accomplished faculty of practicing architects, diverse collaboration teams, emerging technologies, fabrication labs, and sensitivity to sustainable methods and equitable environments – together we participate in building a better world.
• Our urban campus takes advantage of our location in San Francisco’s innovation hub.
• Our programs pair conceptual design rigor with technical excellence.
• We embrace and address contemporary culture and societal developments.
• We actively participate in an international up-to-date architectural discourse.
• Our fabrication labs and shop facilities are outstanding.
• We are at the pulse of contemporary architectural research, production, and building design.
• We create a supportive environment recognizing the diversity of our student body.
• Our students have the opportunity to engage in real-world community projects.
• Our School of Architecture offers Study Abroad Programs in Europe.
• Our B.Lab initiative offers design-build studio opportunities.
• Our faculty and students represent an international and highly diverse community.
• We collaborate within a large art university engaging with other creative experts.
• Our Graduates enter the profession well prepared as responsible leaders in their field.
• We offer the only fully Online NAAB Accredited M.Arch and B.Arch Programs in the US.
• We are the only higher arts education institution in the U.S. to have an NCAA athletics program.
Featured articles and news
Adaptive planning proposal spans 15 years.
Activities summarised by the Construction Industry Council.
How Islamic architecture shaped Europe. Book review.
The campaign to preserve a rare blacksmith bridge.
Transitional options for the next generation of heating technologies.
Additional support being offered to job seekers with autism.
BSRIA adds to its series of illustrated guides.
ECA calls for energy levy reform.
ICE considers creation of new professional designation.