Gender transition, expression and identity tool kit, published by CBRE, suggests: ‘Transgender (sometimes shortened to “trans”) is an umbrella term used to describe a wide range of gender identities that differ from the perceived “norms” aligned to biological sex. Transgender is a term that may be used to describe someone whose gender identity does not match their birth gender or someone who identifies as both genders, neither gender or a third gender.’
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
Diversity, social value and skills
 Join in
Building People is bringing together the huge amount of resource that exists across the Built Environment industry, with a focus on diversity and inclusion, skills and careers, and social value.
We need your help to do this.
Have you got useful material to share? Do you know of information that would be helpful to others? If it is relevant to the Built Environment and to diversity, skills and social value, then it's relevant to others. Help them find it by using the guidelines below.
 Add your own content
- For guidance about writing and adding your own content see Get started - top tips and help.
- Some articles are more popular and useful than others. This article explains more.
- Make sure you use the right title as this helps search engines find it. See here for guidance.
- Add your signature to link readers to your profile.
- Tick the 'People' box when you submit the article - that way your content will appear in this Building People microsite.
- Finding it tricky? Contact us for assistance.