Religion and belief
The Equality Act 2010 states:
- Religion means any religion and a reference to religion includes a reference to a lack of religion.
- Belief means any religious or philosophical belief and a reference to belief includes a reference to a lack of belief.
- a reference to a person who has a particular protected characteristic is a reference to a person of a particular religion or belief;
- a reference to persons who share a protected characteristic is a reference to persons who are of the same religion or belief.
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
- A-Z of Equality, Diversity and Inclusion.
- Access audit.
- Access consultant.
- Approved Document M.
- Equality Act.
- Inclusive design.
- Low income household.
- People with disabilities.
- Persistent poverty.
- Poverty premium.
- Protected characteristics.
- Wheelchair user.
Diversity, social value and skills
 Join in
Building People is bringing together the huge amount of resource that exists across the Built Environment industry, with a focus on diversity and inclusion, skills and careers, and social value.
We need your help to do this.
Have you got useful material to share? Do you know of information that would be helpful to others? If it is relevant to the Built Environment and to diversity, skills and social value, then it's relevant to others. Help them find it by using the guidelines below.
 Add your own content
- For guidance about writing and adding your own content see Get started - top tips and help.
- Some articles are more popular and useful than others. This article explains more.
- Make sure you use the right title as this helps search engines find it. See here for guidance.
- Add your signature to link readers to your profile.
- Tick the 'People' box when you submit the article - that way your content will appear in this Building People microsite.
- Finding it tricky? Contact us for assistance.