- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
Last edited 17 Nov 2019
Older people definition
'People over retirement age, including the active, newly-retired through to the very frail elderly, whose housing needs can encompass accessible, adaptable general needs housing for those looking to downsize from family housing and the full range of retirement and specialised housing for those with support or care needs.'
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
- A Home to Remember.
- Access audit.
- Access consultant.
- Access and inclusion in the built environment: policy and guidance.
- Accessible London.
- Approved document M.
- Built Environment Professional Education BEPE.
- Changing lifestyles.
- Equality Act.
- Equal opportunities policy.
- Evacuating vulnerable and dependent people from buildings in an emergency FB 52.
- Homes and ageing in England.
- Inclusive design.
- National Planning Policy Framework.
- National Planning Practice Guidance.
- People with disabilities.
- Planning permission.
Featured articles and news
Organisations will collaborate on infrastructure initiatives.
Technology informs procurement and planning practices.
BSRIA releases market sector growth projections.
Designing for durability and resilience.
Do plans to connect infrastructure and housing stack up?
1 minute review of CAMRA’s guide to historic drinking dens.
Their complex heritage remains largely unknown.
New editor covered facilities management, operations and construction in the US.
Exclusive log cabins on the North Antrim coastline.
Proactive forestry for strategic water management.