- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
Last edited 23 Apr 2020
Older people definition
'People over retirement age, including the active, newly-retired through to the very frail elderly, whose housing needs can encompass accessible, adaptable general needs housing for those looking to downsize from family housing and the full range of retirement and specialised housing for those with support or care needs.'
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
- A Home to Remember.
- Access audit.
- Access consultant.
- Access and inclusion in the built environment: policy and guidance.
- Accessible London.
- Approved document M.
- Built Environment Professional Education BEPE.
- Changing lifestyles.
- Equality Act.
- Equal opportunities policy.
- Evacuating vulnerable and dependent people from buildings in an emergency FB 52.
- Hearing loss and the built environment.
- Homes and ageing in England.
- Inclusive design.
- National Planning Policy Framework.
- National Planning Practice Guidance.
- People with disabilities.
- Planning permission.
Featured articles and news
Eight forms of resource optimisation.
CIOB responds to Chancellor Sunak's announcement on jobs and the economy.
Revised guide to competition rules available.
Brick slip soffit systems and intricate brick features.
An innovative engineering approach could have had tragic consequence for NYC.
Some secrets behind how canals work.
Breaking down possible steps of pre-contract management.
ICE event includes comments from Welsh Government Minister Julie James.
How to write them and what they should include.
Designing Buildings Wiki becomes the world's first website to adopt the new knowledge standard.
Assessing the most beneficial design elements.
Exploring different types of vinyl flooring.