- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
Last edited 20 Nov 2020
Older people definition
'People over retirement age, including the active, newly-retired through to the very frail elderly, whose housing needs can encompass accessible, adaptable general needs housing for those looking to downsize from family housing and the full range of retirement and specialised housing for those with support or care needs.'
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
- A Home to Remember.
- Access audit.
- Access consultant.
- Access and inclusion in the built environment: policy and guidance.
- Accessible London.
- Approved document M.
- Built Environment Professional Education BEPE.
- Changing lifestyles.
- Equality Act.
- Equal opportunities policy.
- Evacuating vulnerable and dependent people from buildings in an emergency FB 52.
- Hearing loss and the built environment.
- Homes and ageing in England.
- Inclusive design.
- National Planning Policy Framework.
- National Planning Practice Guidance.
- People with disabilities.
- Planning permission.
Featured articles and news
Guidance offered on COVID-19 green recovery, building safety and more.
Providing strength and support above the joists.
Enforcer will test and investigate product safety.
Underfloor air conditioning comes to 24 St James's Square.
Consultation on public right to buy unused public property.
IHBC resource offers improved consistency.
New laws to ‘retain and explain’ historic statues.
The principles and art of the possible. Book review.
From horse and cart to hypermarket.
How elements and processes work together in a systems approach.
CIOB offers digital guide to proactive methods of working.
Tech will drive professional development in fields tied to infrastructure.