- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
Last edited 09 Jun 2019
Older people definition
'People over retirement age, including the active, newly-retired through to the very frail elderly, whose housing needs can encompass accessible, adaptable general needs housing for those looking to downsize from family housing and the full range of retirement and specialised housing for those with support or care needs.'
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
- A Home to Remember.
- Access audit.
- Access consultant.
- Access and inclusion in the built environment: policy and guidance.
- Accessible London.
- Approved document M.
- Built Environment Professional Education BEPE.
- Changing lifestyles.
- Equality Act.
- Equal opportunities policy.
- Evacuating vulnerable and dependent people from buildings in an emergency FB 52.
- Homes and ageing in England.
- Inclusive design.
- National Planning Policy Framework.
- National Planning Practice Guidance.
- People with disabilities.
- Planning permission.
Featured articles and news
How not to upset the planners.
CEEQUAL International and how it works.
Communities across England are being encouraged to nominate heritage assets.
Access control in buildings.
MASTRO project – lifecycle costing and assessment.
Five things to consider before installing solar panels.
New conservation building for the Louvre completed.
A balance between character and climate.
Bamboo pavilion built at London South Bank Uni.
Bringing in an expert.
Why the lowest price isn't sustainable.