- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
Last edited 09 Jun 2019
Older people definition
'People over retirement age, including the active, newly-retired through to the very frail elderly, whose housing needs can encompass accessible, adaptable general needs housing for those looking to downsize from family housing and the full range of retirement and specialised housing for those with support or care needs.'
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
- A Home to Remember.
- Access audit.
- Access consultant.
- Access and inclusion in the built environment: policy and guidance.
- Accessible London.
- Approved document M.
- Built Environment Professional Education BEPE.
- Changing lifestyles.
- Equality Act.
- Equal opportunities policy.
- Evacuating vulnerable and dependent people from buildings in an emergency FB 52.
- Homes and ageing in England.
- Inclusive design.
- National Planning Policy Framework.
- National Planning Practice Guidance.
- People with disabilities.
- Planning permission.
Featured articles and news
How do we measure air tightness in buildings?
The Housing Infrastructure Fund
Encouraging access to local amenities and sustainable transport.
Publish your thought leadership articles on Designing Buildings Wiki – for free.
Competence Steering Group publishes interim proposals to deliver safer buildings.
Indoor environments should provide a multi-sensory experience.
We have a great range of introductory articles written by ECA.
7 of the most common myths, busted.
Consider a career in the electrotechnical industry.
Exploring local assets of community significance. Book review.