Human rights due diligence
Social Impact Assessment: Guidance for assessing and managing the social impacts of projects, published by the International Association for Impact Assessment in April 2015, suggests that human rights due diligence: ‘…refers to the expectation in the United Nations Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights that companies must carry out a due diligence process in order to ensure that a proposed business action, transaction or acquisition has no hidden human rights risks (in other words, risks to people and communities, not only risks to the company). Since many social impacts are also human rights impacts, affected stakeholders are rights-holders with legal rights. This increases the significance of social impacts and the importance of social impact assessment. Social impacts are therefore serious matters that companies must address. For more information, refer to: ICMM 2012 Integrating Human Rights Due Diligence into Corporate Risk Management Processes.’
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
Diversity, social value and skills
 Join in
Building People is bringing together the huge amount of resource that exists across the Built Environment industry, with a focus on diversity and inclusion, skills and careers, and social value.
We need your help to do this.
Have you got useful material to share? Do you know of information that would be helpful to others? If it is relevant to the Built Environment and to diversity, skills and social value, then it's relevant to others. Help them find it by using the guidelines below.
 Add your own content
- For guidance about writing and adding your own content see Get started - top tips and help.
- Some articles are more popular and useful than others. This article explains more.
- Make sure you use the right title as this helps search engines find it. See here for guidance.
- Add your signature to link readers to your profile.
- Tick the 'People' box when you submit the article - that way your content will appear in this Building People microsite.
- Finding it tricky? Contact us for assistance.