The second edition of The Dictionary of Urbanism by Rob Cowan, defines a ‘blockhead’ as: ‘An enthusiast for wood-block paving. A group of people who restored Chicago’s last complete wood-block alley (originally constructed in 1909) in 2011 called themselves ‘blockheads’.’
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
- Bituminous mixing and laying plant.
- Britain's historic paving.
- Coal holes, pavement lights, kerbs and utilities and wood-block paving.
- Glossary of paving terms.
- Hazard warning surfaces.
- Highway drainage.
- How to lay block paving.
- Permeable pavements.
- Road paving.
- Types of road and street.