About The Portakabin Group
Modular building specialists for the past 50 years, delivering innovative accommodation solutions in the most challenging situations
As the pioneers of modular construction, the Portakabin Group can deliver permanent-quality buildings, of any size, to fulfil any application and up to 70 per cent faster than using traditional construction.
The time and cost savings of choosing modular construction are significant, as are the environmental benefits. What’s more, the Group promises to deliver every building on time and on budget – for complete peace of mind.
Whether we are delivering a single classroom or a multi-storey office complex, contractors’ site accommodation or a complete hospital facility, the Portakabin Group applies the same design and build expertise, attention to detail and comprehensive support services – so that every customer gets precisely the building they need, delivered just when they need it.
The Portakabin Group has been leading the way in modular building innovation for more than 50 years, and today has operations in seven countries across Europe. Its building products and services are delivered by seven brands, each offering a specific range of products and services to meet the needs of our diverse customer base.
- Portakabin offers a full range of modular and portable buildings for sale and hire across the UK and Europe
- Portakabin Allspace serves Ireland.
- Yorkon offers architecturally-designed buildings for prestigious building projects
- Konstructa Hire is the UK’s leading supplier of high-quality construction site accommodation
- Portaloo offers domestic-standard toilets, showers and changing rooms.
- Foremans supplies high quality refurbished Portakabin modular buildings
- Oecon is a manufacturer and distributor of modular buildings in Germany most notably in construction related industries and a number of other sectors.
Featured articles and news
Find out about the different types of delays on construction projects.
Researchers at Wien university have developed new system to create an inflatable concrete structure.
ICE responds to the first consultation on the government's industrial strategy post-Brexit.
Take a look at this newly-opened tower in Chicago with a remarkable 20:1 height-to-base ratio.
An Arc de Triomphe for the late-20th century, the La Grande Arche of Paris.
Richard Hayward of Legrand asks whether technology could help developers meet the needs of an increasingly diverse population.
Thomas Heatherwick's ambitious steel structure begins construction.
The principles, practice and formwork of one of the most important components of modern architecture.
New report claims that inappropriate standards and regulations are holding back the use of composites.
The global smart homes and smart light commercial market will grow fastest in the UK.
Futurist Thomas Frey explores the concept of Disposable Housing - could it be a reality sooner than we imagine?