- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
About The Portakabin Group
Modular building specialists for the past 50 years, delivering innovative accommodation solutions in the most challenging situations
As the pioneers of modular construction, the Portakabin Group can deliver permanent-quality buildings, of any size, to fulfil any application and up to 70 per cent faster than using traditional construction.
The time and cost savings of choosing modular construction are significant, as are the environmental benefits. What’s more, the Group promises to deliver every building on time and on budget – for complete peace of mind.
Whether we are delivering a single classroom or a multi-storey office complex, contractors’ site accommodation or a complete hospital facility, the Portakabin Group applies the same design and build expertise, attention to detail and comprehensive support services – so that every customer gets precisely the building they need, delivered just when they need it.
The Portakabin Group has been leading the way in modular building innovation for more than 50 years, and today has operations in seven countries across Europe. Its building products and services are delivered by seven brands, each offering a specific range of products and services to meet the needs of our diverse customer base.
- Portakabin offers a full range of modular and portable buildings for sale and hire across the UK and Europe
- Portakabin Allspace serves Ireland.
- Yorkon offers architecturally-designed buildings for prestigious building projects
- Konstructa Hire is the UK’s leading supplier of high-quality construction site accommodation
- Portaloo offers domestic-standard toilets, showers and changing rooms.
- Foremans supplies high quality refurbished Portakabin modular buildings
- Oecon is a manufacturer and distributor of modular buildings in Germany most notably in construction related industries and a number of other sectors.
Featured articles and news
Your chance to comment on the draft BS 851188 - flood resistance products and flood protection products.
Rebuilding could take 20 to 40 years.
RSHP’s high-rise residential towers win a tall buildings award for excellence.
BSRIA study reveals strong growth in 2018.
Dame Judith Hackitt confirmed as keynote speaker – one year on from the Hackitt Report.
Save £100 on tickets.
Modern slavery in the construction sector.
What to bear in mind when claiming damages in construction.
How do we achieve sustainable clean-water infrastructure for all?
What you should know when appointing an architect.
A brief history plus some new developments.
How computational fluid dynamics (CFD) helps building design.
The Hong Kong Harbour Area Treatment Scheme (HATS).