Ryan Anthony O'Sullivan - Profile
Compensation Grouting Engineer at Soletanche Bachy
- Manchester, Greater Manchester, United Kingdom (Manchester, United Kingdom), Civil Engineering
Ambitious and proficient Construction Project Management Undergraduate, demonstrating a conscientious and diligent work ethic, a strong will to succeed, a highly developed sense of professional pride and a complete commitment to achieving set targets and deadlines.
Currently completing investigative analysis on Building Information Modelling (BIM).
• Autodesk: AutoCAD Creative License 2-week Full Course ACA (AutoCAD Certified Associate): 2D Rookie, Advanced 2D Hotshot, Advanced 3D Modelling.
• Construction Skills Certification Scheme (CSCS): Red Card (Technical, Supervisory & Management).
• CastaurCAD Software: In-House Training provided via Bachy Soletanche Ltd.
• MSc BIM and Integrated Design.
• Chartership within the Institution of Civil Engineers (ICE) and The Chartered Institute of Building (CIOB).
 Compensation Grouting Engineer
Privately Held; 5001-10,000 employees; Civil Engineering industry
February 2012 – September 2012 (8 months) G1027 - Bond Street Station Upgrade (BSSU) Project, Central London, UK, (£300m).
Costain / Laing O'Rourke (CoLOR) Joint Venture.
• Progressing the Detailed Design for the Works Area.
• Advanced 2D Drafting and 3D Modelling using AutoCAD 2012 i.e. Clash Detection (Applying
Exclusion Zone Geometry to existing and new structures to enable pre-consolidation treatment
where required and Compensation Grouting works.
• Implementing Building Information Modelling (BIM) processes to progress the Design Phase for
the Contracted Works.
• Quantity Surveys and Cost Estimating for Tube-a-Manchette (TaM) Arrays and total pipe supply.
• Development of a two-layer Pipe Roof Arch (Interlocking Canopy Concept - 28 No. Pipes) for the
• Producing drilling and grouting exclusion zone data for each tunnel advance.
• Ground Settlement Analysis.
 Project Coordinator
 Western Versatile Construction Corp.
July 2011 – December 2011 (6 months) Long Lake Hydroelectric Project, Stewart, BC, Canada. ($80m)
31 MW Hydroelectric Project located on Cascade Creek near the border of British Columbia and Alaska.
• Canadian Law, Reconciliation, Substantiating Delay Claims and Force Majeure.
• Change Order Procedures and Project Schedule Reviews.
• Cost Estimating, Project Cost Analysis and Contract Document Control.
• Overseeing Company Owned Equipment Maintenance and Repairs.
• Quality Control / Assurance for 7,150m Penstock Pipe Supply.
Public Company; 10,001+ employees; CLLN.L; Facilities Services industry
March 2010 – October 2010 (8 months) M56 Motorway - J7, Bowdon View Bridge Replacement Scheme, Cheshire. (£5m)
Lift and Jacking of a new 2000t, offline bridge to replace existing westbound off-slip (Link to M6 Southbound) over 3 weekend periods, whilst minimising disruption for the Highways Agency (HA).
The initial bridge comprised a 2-span continuous deck, supported on reinforced concrete full height abutments and a circular column pier, located in the central reserve on the M56 Motorway.
Demolition of existing structure and re-opening of M56 completed in a 54-hour weekend possession. Installation of the new pre-cast 'A-Frame' Central Pier, installed in a 36-hour possession. Installation of new 2000t bridge constructed 500m from the final position.
Demolition and Installation Link:
Time-lapse of bridge deck to final location Link:
• Approvals and reprogramming to meet overall completion dates.
• Setting-out for all excavation, steelwork, blinding, concrete kickers and shuttering.
• Completing Inductions for all sub-contractors and supervision of site works.
• Detailing closures, diversions and construction methodology.
• Facilitating engineering and surveying for several gangs.
• Supervision of piling works during night possessions (24. No. Mini-piles - Keller Geotechnique).
 Construction Society, School of Built and Natural Environment, University of Central Lancashire
Committee Member, Steering Group
December 2012 to Present
A Society for the Students, Staff and Alumni of the Architectural Technology, Building Surveying, Construction Project Management, Facilities Management and Quantity Surveying courses at the School of Built and Natural Environment.
 University of Central Lancashire
 Bachelor of Science (BSc) Hons, Construction Project Management
2010 – 2013 (expected)
(Class: Expected: First Class - 1:0)
Activities and Societies: Student Representative at the School of Built and Natural Environment.
 The University of Salford
 Bachelor of Science, Construction Management
2009 – 2010
Transferred / Advanced to second year at the University of Central Lancashire (UCLan).
 Stockport College of Technology
 BTEC National Diploma, Civil Engineering
2007 – 2009
(3 A*A*A* with Distinction)
Activities and Societies: Student Representative for the School of Built Environment.
 Cheadle Hulme High School
 2002 – 2007
Grade: 11 GCSE's at A*-C
Activities and Societies: CHHS Basketball Team (Years 10-11)
 Additional Information
 Groups and Associations:
Institution of Civil Engineers (ICE), The Chartered Institute of Building (CIOB), Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS), British Tunnelling Society (BTS), UK Tunnelling and Underground Construction Academy (TUCA).
 Honors and Awards:
National League Basketball, England Award Ceremony, 2004-2006, Trophies for Best Hustler and Point-Guard
Cheadle Hulme High School Award Ceremony, 2007, Best in the School Year Achievement/Certificate in Manufacturing Engineering
Stockport College Award Ceremony, 2009, Excellent Coursework in Civil Engineering & £50 cheque for 100% attendance throughout two years
The Chartered Institute of Building (CIOB), North West Branch, 2010-2013, Student Representative for North West Region, 2010-Present
CIOB, The Queen Elizabeth II Jubilee Fund Scholarship 2012, 2012-2013, Award for distinction of intellect and character as evidenced by both scholastic attainments and by other extra-curricular activities
CIOB/Novus Group Student Challenge 2013, North West Branch, 2013, 1st Place, NW Regional Heat Winner. Held at the University of Salford
CIOB Student Challenge 2013, National Finals, Int. HQ, Ascot, UK, 2013, 2nd Place, Silver Medallist. Competed against 12 leading Universities in the UK
 Contact Ryan for:
- expertise requests
- business deals
- reference requests
- getting back in touch
Featured articles and news
Why buildings crack, how cracks are categorised and what can be done.
Inaugurated last week, the new Elbphilharmonie concert venue; a soaring new addition to Hamburg's skyline.
Summary of a new ICE Transport journal which says improving transport infrastructure is essential to eradicating global poverty.
BRE look at a new government report into the accuracy of heat meters.
Herzog & de Meuron get planning permission for revamp of Chelsea FC football stadium.
UK-GBC green paper proposes more powers for cities on new-build housing.
The Pompidou Centre – not a monument but an event.
The Chartered Institute of Building restructures and launches 29 new local hubs.
Designing Buildings Wiki talks to the founder of the world's first indoor biophilic gym, now open in London.
£1.3bn Swansea Bay project to be backed as a 'pathfinder' for other tidal lagoon projects.
Designs released for a proposed Las Vegas stadium to entice the Oakland Raiders.
Have a look at these award-winning concept designs for a thermal bath in Latvia.