- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
As economic recovery sets in, investors chose to invest in assets with high returns rather than the traditional safe investments namely government bonds and property.
Yet, it is thought that there are many reasons why investors should invest in property rather than any other type of assets:
- There is a constant risk of another recession.
- UK property provides high yields compared to other assets. In fact, there are parts of the UK where yields are around 10% such as Birmingham. On the other hand, interest rates are only around 0.5% in the UK and 0.25% in the eurozone.
- The UK is one of the safest countries to invest in as it is politically stable wehereas in countries where property gives higher yields such as Egypt or Colombia there is a big risk especially because investors cannot predict what may happen there.
- The government bonds are no longer considered totally safe as the notion of 'government default' has emerged recently with the Greek economic collapse.
- Gold that was also considered as a very safe store of money is no longer as it is especially after th recent decline in the world's price of golds especially in april 2013.
- Property in the UK is liquid compared to many other european countries. Smaller flats for example in UK cities are highly sellable especially in the asian market.
Featured articles and news
28 leading bodies set out their vision for the future.
Chancellor announces latest Winter Support packages.
Tapping technology to boost infrastructure and create jobs.
4 ways to ensure certificates are valid.
White elephant construction projects.
How Paul Williams bent over backwards to overcome racial barriers.
Organisation revises actions around dealing with COVID-19.
CIOB, NFCC, RIBA, RICS call for changes ahead of Building Safety Bill.
Developments in the Future Homes Standard.
An American chimney feature with a colourful past.
Homes based on need, not ability to pay.
Historic England adds 216 entries to the 'at risk' register.
Will cycling and walking provisions be preserved?
Assembly point levels range from relative to ultimate.