- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
As economic recovery sets in, investors chose to invest in assets with high returns rather than the traditional safe investments namely government bonds and property.
Yet, it is thought that there are many reasons why investors should invest in property rather than any other type of assets:
- There is a constant risk of another recession.
- UK property provides high yields compared to other assets. In fact, there are parts of the UK where yields are around 10% such as Birmingham. On the other hand, interest rates are only around 0.5% in the UK and 0.25% in the eurozone.
- The UK is one of the safest countries to invest in as it is politically stable wehereas in countries where property gives higher yields such as Egypt or Colombia there is a big risk especially because investors cannot predict what may happen there.
- The government bonds are no longer considered totally safe as the notion of 'government default' has emerged recently with the Greek economic collapse.
- Gold that was also considered as a very safe store of money is no longer as it is especially after th recent decline in the world's price of golds especially in april 2013.
- Property in the UK is liquid compared to many other european countries. Smaller flats for example in UK cities are highly sellable especially in the asian market.
Featured articles and news
From frost damage to sulphate attack, common causes of defects in brickwork.
Precautions to take when making advance payments.
Helping communities recover from disasters and protecting them before they occur.
Instrumentation for critical healthcare environments.
Case study in the use of soft landings at the University of the West of England.
Richard Rogers wins is the AIA’s highest annual honour.
A quick introduction to a healthier and more sustainable form of construction.
The structural feasibility of modular high-rise buildings.
BRE conference on ways of providing and maintaining quality indoor environments.
CDBB publish foundational definitions and values to guide the development of the National Digital Twin.
Despite the reduction in staffing, most users remain satisfied with the service.
We run through the top 37 styles in history - but how many would you recognise?