- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
As economic recovery sets in, investors chose to invest in assets with high returns rather than the traditional safe investments namely government bonds and property.
Yet, it is thought that there are many reasons why investors should invest in property rather than any other type of assets:
- There is a constant risk of another recession.
- UK property provides high yields compared to other assets. In fact, there are parts of the UK where yields are around 10% such as Birmingham. On the other hand, interest rates are only around 0.5% in the UK and 0.25% in the eurozone.
- The UK is one of the safest countries to invest in as it is politically stable wehereas in countries where property gives higher yields such as Egypt or Colombia there is a big risk especially because investors cannot predict what may happen there.
- The government bonds are no longer considered totally safe as the notion of 'government default' has emerged recently with the Greek economic collapse.
- Gold that was also considered as a very safe store of money is no longer as it is especially after th recent decline in the world's price of golds especially in april 2013.
- Property in the UK is liquid compared to many other european countries. Smaller flats for example in UK cities are highly sellable especially in the asian market.
Featured articles and news
EIRs define what is needed from the employer's internal team and suppliers for project development.
The full keynote speech by Sir James Bevan, Environment Agency CEO, on the future of flood protection.
After 6 years, the Metropolitan Police admit they supplied information to the construction workers blacklist.
It's nearly two years since level 2 BIM was made a minimum requirement on certain public projects. But what actually is it?
Renowned water expert Prof. Martin van Veelen challenges political leaders to do more on safe and clean water supplies.
Inquiry criticises PwC for "milking the Carillion cow dry".
A recent roundtable discussed the future of transport in the UK – including the role of connected and autonomous vehicles.
Architects report cancelled projects and uncertainty concerns in a new RIBA survey on Brexit.
Quality helps eliminate defects, but it can also drive improvement and increase profit.
PII provides insurance cover against negligence claims and is widely used where services are being provided.
Rogers Stirk Harbour + Partners release first images of their planned new addition to the Toronto skyline.