- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
- Specialist wikis
Dr. Geotechnical Engineer-Civil Engineer
Prize Award Winner Member of “The Institution of Civil Engineers” (ICE), with Membership Number: 67689219. He is the Founder and Managing Director of Geodomisi Ltd, and the co-Founder and co-Managing Director of the British Company GeoStatic Ltd. Over the years, he has acquired the following Degrees and Academic Titles:
- B.Eng (First Class Honours) in Civil Engineering at the University of Portsmouth, U.K., 2013. (Ranking place: Top student distinction because he achieved the highest overall grade in the cohort of 120 classmates).
- Diploma in Applied Geology. Aristotle University of Thessaloniki. Greece. 1980.
- Attendance of final year of Bachelor degree (B.Eng.) in Civil Engineering at the Newcastle University, England, 1982. (MSc Preparatory Course).
- Master (M.Sc. Eng.) in Civil-Geotechnical Engineering. Civil Engineering Department. University of Newcastle Upon Tyne, England. (Specialized in: Foundation Engineering, Soil Mechanics, Rock Mechanics, Laboratory testing-researching of Soils and Rocks, Engineering Geology, Underground water flow). 1983.
- Ph.D., in Geotechnical Engineering, at the National Technical University of Athens (N.T.U.A.) - Greece, 1988. Grade: Excellent Unanimously. Specialized in: Geotechnical Engineering - Rock Mechanics - Rock Testing.
- Post-Doc Research fellow invitation in Carbon Critical Geotechnics at Newcastle University, U.K., 2012.
Costas is a Professional Civil & Geotechnical Engineer, accredited by the Ministry of Public Works, holding a professional license scholar in category 21/C (Geotechnical Engineering), specialized on Geotechnical Engineering, Soil Dynamics, Soil Mechanics, Rock Mechanics, Foundation Engineering, Landslides, Earth Retaining Structures in excavations, Structural Modeling, Analysis, Design and Detailing, as well as on analysis of Ground – Foundation – Structure Interaction. He has about 25 years of experience and involvement in applied research, consultancy services and design of Geotechnical and Civil Engineering Projects in both Public and Private sectors. In addition, he is a Professor of Civil-Geotechnical Engineering in the Department of Mineral Resources Engineering at the University of Western Macedonia (UOWM), Greece, since 29 April 2019 to date. (Government Gazette (FEK) 2155 τ. Β 7-6-2019 & Government Gazette (FEK) 2151, B 7-6-2019), (Link), as well as Adjunct Professor at the Greek Open University in the Postgraduate (M.Sc.) programmes: “Waste Management” (2008 to 2011) and “M.Sc. in Earthquake Engineering and Seismic-Resistant Structures” (2014 to date). He is also an Accredited Reviewer at the International Publishing Organizations “Elsevier” and “Springer”. He is an Industrial Expert, appointed by the Hellenic Republic Ministry of Education, Lifelong Learning and Religious Affairs, for the evaluation and assessment of research proposals submitted to the Inter-State Programme for Research, Innovation & Technological Development between Greece and Israel. He has published numerous scientific Papers, Articles and Academic Books / Lecture Notes.
Featured articles and news
LETI publishes guidance for energy efficient home retrofits.
Predictions about adequate post-pandemic IAQ in non-domestic buildings.
Government publishes plans to 'build back greener'.
The contentious nature of claims associated with cladding, fire safety and EWS1 forms.
ECA comments on low-carbon heating systems initiative and Heat and Buildings Strategy.
Cinders and other forms of domestic rubbish created filth but also generated great wealth.
CIC 2050 Group requests input to find out priorities for future industry leaders.
IHBC publishes response to consultation.
Institute applauds funding initiatives but presses for additional retrofit and tax measures.