- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
About Federation of Master Builders
UK's largest trade association, championing continuous improvement in building standards for over 75 years
Institute / association
When it comes to building quality, you deserve better. That's why for over 75 years, the not-for-profit Federation of Master Builders has championed continuous improvement in building standards.
- The FMB goes beyond simple checks and ratings. Instead, we independently inspect and vet our members to provide credible proof of their quality.
- And we go further to provide ongoing training, contracts and warranty protection for the work. So whether you're a Master Builder or a client dreaming of a masterpiece, you're assured of a better experience.
- Because building better means building trust. So as a member you know your business will be supported and promoted. And as a homeowner you will know you're working with the right people.
- Look for the sign you can trust and make your building experience better.
Here is a list of articles written by FMB on Designing Buildings Wiki:
Featured articles and news
EIRs define what is needed from the employer's internal team and suppliers for project development.
The full keynote speech by Sir James Bevan, Environment Agency CEO, on the future of flood protection.
After 6 years, the Metropolitan Police admit they supplied information to the construction workers blacklist.
It's nearly two years since level 2 BIM was made a minimum requirement on certain public projects. But what actually is it?
Renowned water expert Prof. Martin van Veelen challenges political leaders to do more on safe and clean water supplies.
Inquiry criticises PwC for "milking the Carillion cow dry".
A recent roundtable discussed the future of transport in the UK – including the role of connected and autonomous vehicles.
Architects report cancelled projects and uncertainty concerns in a new RIBA survey on Brexit.
Quality helps eliminate defects, but it can also drive improvement and increase profit.
PII provides insurance cover against negligence claims and is widely used where services are being provided.
Rogers Stirk Harbour + Partners release first images of their planned new addition to the Toronto skyline.