- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
About Federation of Master Builders
UK's largest trade association, championing continuous improvement in building standards for over 75 years
Institute / association
When it comes to building quality, you deserve better. That's why for over 75 years, the not-for-profit Federation of Master Builders has championed continuous improvement in building standards.
- The FMB goes beyond simple checks and ratings. Instead, we independently inspect and vet our members to provide credible proof of their quality.
- And we go further to provide ongoing training, contracts and warranty protection for the work. So whether you're a Master Builder or a client dreaming of a masterpiece, you're assured of a better experience.
- Because building better means building trust. So as a member you know your business will be supported and promoted. And as a homeowner you will know you're working with the right people.
- Look for the sign you can trust and make your building experience better.
Here is a list of articles written by FMB on Designing Buildings Wiki:
Featured articles and news
The rich archaeology of the Isle of Man is an important part of its cultural heritage.
BSRIA call on the industry to attract more women.
The construction methods have changed a lot since the first roads were built around 4,000 BC.
How to deliver a five-fold multiplier effect from investment in water infrastructure.
RSHP's Leadenhall building is named a 2018 RIBA National Award winner.
Gary Neville's controversial Manchester tower gets the green light to go ahead.
Health and safety is everyone’s responsibility.
BSRIA guide to energy storage in buildings - a technology overview.
The UK’s largest Passivhaus accredited affordable housing scheme.
ICE set out 5 recommendations for the Government Construction Strategy 2018 update.
Balfour Beatty fined £500,000 for exposing workers to hand-arm vibration.