- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
About Federation of Master Builders
UK's largest trade association, championing continuous improvement in building standards for over 75 years
Institute / association
When it comes to building quality, you deserve better. That's why for over 75 years, the not-for-profit Federation of Master Builders has championed continuous improvement in building standards.
- The FMB goes beyond simple checks and ratings. Instead, we independently inspect and vet our members to provide credible proof of their quality.
- And we go further to provide ongoing training, contracts and warranty protection for the work. So whether you're a Master Builder or a client dreaming of a masterpiece, you're assured of a better experience.
- Because building better means building trust. So as a member you know your business will be supported and promoted. And as a homeowner you will know you're working with the right people.
- Look for the sign you can trust and make your building experience better.
Here is a list of articles written by FMB on Designing Buildings Wiki:
Featured articles and news
From alabaster to travertine – how many types do you know?
Well-designed lighting helps maintain a healthy physiological and psychological balance.
Transferring the risk for obtaining the target BREEAM rating.
A simple but effective way to determine the root cause of an issue.
BSRIA report suggest the European market will double to 415 million Euros by 2023.
Why a wellbeing strategy is vital for property managers.
An ECA briefing for members about the commercial implications of leaving the EU.
A crucial moment on any project - and fraught with danger.
The performance gap from a Northern Ireland perspective.
Book review: Buildings of protestant nonconformity.
Design and testing for health and wellbeing - free download from BRE.