- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
About Federation of Master Builders
UK's largest trade association, championing continuous improvement in building standards for over 75 years
Institute / association
When it comes to building quality, you deserve better. That's why for over 75 years, the not-for-profit Federation of Master Builders has championed continuous improvement in building standards.
- The FMB goes beyond simple checks and ratings. Instead, we independently inspect and vet our members to provide credible proof of their quality.
- And we go further to provide ongoing training, contracts and warranty protection for the work. So whether you're a Master Builder or a client dreaming of a masterpiece, you're assured of a better experience.
- Because building better means building trust. So as a member you know your business will be supported and promoted. And as a homeowner you will know you're working with the right people.
- Look for the sign you can trust and make your building experience better.
Here is a list of articles written by FMB on Designing Buildings Wiki:
Featured articles and news
Opening up the space below the former Floral Hall.
Why was the Fountaine Hospital Almshouse built in such a sophisticated style?
How do we measure air tightness in buildings?
The Housing Infrastructure Fund
Encouraging access to local amenities and sustainable transport.
Publish your thought leadership articles on Designing Buildings Wiki – for free.
Competence Steering Group publishes interim proposals to deliver safer buildings.
Indoor environments should provide a multi-sensory experience.
We have a great range of introductory articles written by ECA.
7 of the most common myths, busted.