Building Britain’s future
The potential impact to the UK construction industry post Brexit is explored in this IPPR report. It suggests that the risk of losing access to overseas talents could push the skills and labour shortages into a full blown skills crisis. The report argues that to limit any possible impact there is a need for a new sector institution, merging CITB and CLC, placing a focusing on excelling at modern methods of construction, combining the CITB and apprenticeship levy, reforming the skills system as well as retaining access to EU workers for at least five years.
--Steve Sugden 15:34, 26 Jun 2020 (BST)
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
Diversity, social value and skills
 Are you looking for..?
- Work Opportunities (from work experience to jobs)
- Activities & Events
- Ask a Person
- Search Organisations (careers support specific to diverse groups)
 Join in
Have you got useful material to share?
If it is relevant to the Built Environment and to diversity, skills and social value, then help people to find it by adding details to this People microsite and using the guidelines below.
 Add your own content
- For guidance about writing and adding your own content see Get started - top tips and help.
- Some articles are more popular and useful than others. This article explains more.
- Make sure you use the right title as this helps search engines find it. See here for guidance.
- Add your signature to link readers to your profile.
- Tick the 'People' box when you submit the article - that way your content will appear in this Building People microsite.
- Finding it tricky? Contact us for assistance.