- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
Last edited 23 May 2019
Adding research articles to Designing Buildings Wiki
Adding articles to Designing Buildings Wiki is very easy:
- First, register. This allows you to create a simple profile that can appear at the top of articles you write, like ours appears at the top of this article.
- Next, click the orange 'Create an article' button that is on every page of the site.
- Type in the name of your article and click 'GO'.
- If an article with that name does not already exist you will be asked if you want to create it. Click on the link - and that's it. Your new article will open.
You can type your article from scratch, or paste it from another application.
When you have finished, go to the end of the article and click the insert signature button so your profile appears at the top.
Tick the 'Research' category, and then click 'Save page'.
You can have a go at editing an article to see how easy it is on this test page.
What to write
- Give your article a literal, easy-to-understand name.
- Put a headline at the top of your article that we can use to promote your research.
- Include an image that we can use to promote your research.
- Summarise the useful findings of your research (not the methodology) in simple, plain English so that a non-expert will understand it.
- Add a link to the research itself so that people can find out more.
Featured articles and news
Low-voltage switchgear and protective devices.
New report explores impact of independent museums.
Parents are pivotal in reaching future engineers.
What is a final account?
The situation with the insurance of vulnerable properties.
New standards for homes
Competition to address the grand challenges of future housing needs.
The redevelopment of Leicester's sewerage system by Joseph Gordon.