- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
Last edited 07 Jun 2018
Quick introduction to designing buildings wiki
Designing Buildings Wiki is the construction industry knowledge base, used by 4 million people a year to share articles about products, services, processes and best practice. Our users are construction professionals looking for knowledge to help them in their work.
Supported by leading industry organisations such as ICE, CIOB, BRE, CIAT and BSRIA, Designing Buildings Wiki offers nearly 7,000 cross-discipline articles and is used by more than 20,000 people a day, making it one of the most popular construction industry websites.
Who uses Designing Buildings Wiki?
The breakdown of our registered users is shown below (%)
Writing articles on Designing Buildings Wiki is good for the industry, and it's a great way to promote you and your business.
You can write about any subject related to the construction industry, including research, publications, organisations, theories, products, practices and so on. All we ask is that articles are factual (not adverts) and are encyclopaedic in style (not blog posts) - click here to find out more about our editorial policy.
You can add your profile to the top of articles you write, so people can find out about you. Learn more about profiles.
To create an article:
- Log in or register (click on the link at the top of the screen).
- Click the orange ‘Create an article’ button.
- Enter the name of your article.
- Type your article from scratch, or paste it from another application.
- Click the ‘insert signature’ button to add your profile to the top of your article.
Promoting your articles
You can extend the reach of articles you write with our featured article promotions, or you can draw viewers to your own website with a call to action MPU:
- Featured articles appear on every page of the site for a week, getting more than 200,000 views as well as in our newsletter and on our social media channels.
- Call to action MPUs can be placed across the site or targeted to groups of articles, or just your articles. A typical site wide placement will attract more than 200,000 views a week and will deliver 250 click throughs to your website.
For more information contact Simon Baxter: [email protected]
Featured articles and news
The Isle of Man’s naturally-occurring materials and distinctive building techniques.
BRE partner with Global GreenTag to develop an Ethical Labour Sourcing Standard for Australia.
The Chartered Quality Institute explain the pathway to success for organisations implementing management systems.
An introductory article looking at where a duty of care can arise in the construction industry.
House of Lords committee encourages the use of off-site manufacturing in new report.
Computational fluid dynamics (CFD) can go some way to show the impact of new buildings on their surroundings.
The shortlist for the 2018 prize for the UK's best new building is revealed.
Amendment to Bill aims to provide councils with greater powers to increase tax premiums on empty homes.
As the latest summer blockbuster 'Skyscraper' is released, we look at some of the best uses of buildings in film.
Read our introductory article on how to layout a building.