CIOB submission to the parliamentary inquiry into construction and youth employment
The CIOB report that looked at what the industry can do to support the reduction in youth unemployment. It identified a range of issues to be addressed including apprenticeships, planning obligations and enhancing the image. It concluded by stating that the industry should be able to offer opportunities to between 75-100,000 young people. Now four years old a number of the areas it focuses on are still relevant.
--Steve Sugden 15:28, 26 Jun 2020 (BST)
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
- Eight ways to win the fight for talent in construction.
- National Infrastructure Plan for Skills.
- Protection for apprenticeships.
- Skills for Climate consultation launched.
- Skills gap.
- Skills shortage and Brexit.
- Skills shortages lead to wages rise.
- Tackling the construction skills shortage.