- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
- Specialist wikis
Last edited 26 May 2023
Construction sites urged to integrate test and trace
To make a comment about this article, click 'Add a comment' above. Separate your comments from any existing comments by inserting a horizontal line.
Integrating test and trace measures on construction sites can be crucial for controlling the spread of infectious diseases, including COVID-19. Here are some reasons why construction sites are encouraged to adopt test and trace protocols:
- Early Detection of Cases: Implementing test and trace measures allows for the early identification of individuals who may be infected with a contagious disease, such as COVID-19. This enables prompt isolation and treatment, minimizing the risk of further transmission within the construction site.
- Preventing Outbreaks: Construction sites often involve close contact and interactions among workers, which can facilitate the rapid spread of diseases. By integrating test and trace protocols, it becomes possible to identify and isolate individuals who may have been in close proximity to an infected person, thereby preventing potential outbreaks.
- Protecting Workers' Health: Test and trace measures prioritize the health and well-being of construction site workers. Regular testing and contact tracing efforts can help ensure that infected individuals receive appropriate medical attention and prevent the virus from spreading to vulnerable populations.
- Minimizing Disruption: Construction projects can face significant delays and disruptions if outbreaks occur on-site. By implementing test and trace protocols, construction companies can reduce the risk of widespread infections, thereby minimizing the need for extended shutdowns or quarantines that could impact project timelines.
- Compliance with Health Regulations: Many jurisdictions have implemented health and safety regulations that require businesses, including construction sites, to integrate test and trace measures. Adhering to these regulations not only helps protect workers but also ensures compliance with legal requirements.
Thanks, that seems to be more of an article than a comment, feel free to create a new article under a related title..
If you did not write the comment or article yourself though, please to list a reference or source who did. Thanks.
Featured articles and news
Managing Partner at Onyx and third gen project manager.
Innovating to move more swiftly and with ease.
Expectation types, management and performance gaps.
Appointments, re-appointments and six changes a year.
Meaning, understanding and implementation.
Kick-start attempts causes 50% jump from December.
From climate to cost to cold bridges and design flexibility.
In a changing world at the APM PM SIG conference.
The glass product that opened up new possibilities.
Campaigning for buildings of all periods.
Full life cycle assessments, impact categories and more.
Get to know the new requirements and the new terms.
Reporting on Payment Practices and Performance Regs.
The ultimate companion for building services excellence.
CIOB joins leading organisations to warn leaders.