- ‘The Living Wage Foundation’s ‘real Living Wage’ which is independently-calculated each year based on what employees and their families need to live. Employers choose to pay the real Living Wage on a voluntary basis.’
- ‘A wage that the UK government introduced in April 2016 – referring to it as a ‘national living wage’ - is the minimum legal wage that must be paid to a person over 25 years of age.’
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
Diversity, social value and skills
 Join in
Building People is bringing together the huge amount of resource that exists across the Built Environment industry, with a focus on diversity and inclusion, skills and careers, and social value.
We need your help to do this.
Have you got useful material to share? Do you know of information that would be helpful to others? If it is relevant to the Built Environment and to diversity, skills and social value, then it's relevant to others. Help them find it by using the guidelines below.
 Add your own content
- For guidance about writing and adding your own content see Get started - top tips and help.
- Some articles are more popular and useful than others. This article explains more.
- Make sure you use the right title as this helps search engines find it. See here for guidance.
- Add your signature to link readers to your profile.
- Tick the 'People' box when you submit the article - that way your content will appear in this Building People microsite.
- Finding it tricky? Contact us for assistance.