This report started with a series of structured interviews with female architects and culminates in the findings, advice and recommendations as set out in the report. It aims to tackle the following issues:
- What is the current state of play for mid-level female architects?
- What needs to change for them to have the best prospects and opportunities for positive career advancement?
- What can female architects do towards their own self-development?
- What can the workplace do to help more efficiently with their career progression?
The report draws out several key themes, including:
- The time available for women to work on their personal self-development
- The help they get towards this from workplace management
- The opportunities given to mid-level female architects in comparison to male peers
- The issues around confidence for women at this stage of their career
- The perception that they must consistently prove their worth
- The recognition of a need to communicate strongly and make themselves seen and heard
Click on a date/time to view the file as it appeared at that time.
|current||16:57, 16 November 2020||(1,014 KB)||[IP address hidden]||(This report started with a series of structured interviews with female architects and culminates in the findings, advice and recommendations as set out in the report. It aims to tackle the following issues: • What is the current ‘state of play’ for)|
Diversity, social value and skills
- Diversity and inclusion
- Skills and careers
- Social value
- Academic research
- A-Z of EDI: Definitions
- Building People 'Network of Networks'
- Building People platform
 Join in
Building People is bringing together the huge amount of resource that exists across the Built Environment industry, with a focus on diversity and inclusion, skills and careers, and social value.
We need your help to do this.
Have you got useful material to share? Do you know of information that would be helpful to others? If it is relevant to the Built Environment and to diversity, skills and social value, then it's relevant to others. Help them find it by using the guidelines below.
 Add your own content
- For guidance about writing and adding your own content see Get started - top tips and help.
- Some articles are more popular and useful than others. This article explains more.
- Make sure you use the right title as this helps search engines find it. See here for guidance.
- Add your signature to link readers to your profile.
- Tick the 'People' box when you submit the article - that way your content will appear in this Building People microsite.
- Finding it tricky? Contact us for assistance.