Diversity in construction needs to be top priority
This article by Oliver Balch appeared in the Racontuer report Future of Construction published in The Times in August 2019. It discusses how better representation is good for the industry and why, while highlighting that there is still a long way to go.
Positive and local recruitment and listening to what potential future talent would need in terms of working arrangements are suggested as potential actions that could improve interest in under-represented groups.
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
Diversity, social value and skills
 Are you looking for..?
- Work Opportunities (from work experience to jobs)
- Activities & Events
- Ask a Person
- Search Organisations (careers support specific to diverse groups)
 Join in
Have you got useful material to share?
If it is relevant to the Built Environment and to diversity, skills and social value, then help people to find it by adding details to this People microsite and using the guidelines below.
 Add your own content
- For guidance about writing and adding your own content see Get started - top tips and help.
- Some articles are more popular and useful than others. This article explains more.
- Make sure you use the right title as this helps search engines find it. See here for guidance.
- Add your signature to link readers to your profile.
- Tick the 'People' box when you submit the article - that way your content will appear in this Building People microsite.
- Finding it tricky? Contact us for assistance.