Heritage Open Days and Doors
This article originally appeared in the IHBC NewsBlogs
- 2-9 September- Angus Heritage Week
- 8 -18 September- Birmingham Heritage Week
- 8-11 September- Heritage Open Days throughout England
- 10-11 September- Discover Northern Ireland events
- 12- 18 September- Glasgow’s Built Heritage Festival and Glasgow Doors Open Days
- 17 September- Ironbridge World Heritage River Festival
- 17-18 September – London Open House
- 23-25 September- Bristol Architecture Centre weekender
- Throughout September – Doors Open Days Wales
- Throughout September- Doors Open Days Scotland
- Throughout September- European Heritage Open Days
- Throughout September- Scottish Archaeology and Heritage Festival
- Throughout September Scottish Borders Heritage Festival
- Throughout 2016- Scotland’s Festival of Architecture
IHCB says: Happy exploring!
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
IHBC President David McDonald is encouraging members to consider nominations for the newly launched Marsh Awards.
Church slams Belfast's £400m regen scheme due to ‘lack of attention to… preserving or enhancing character’.
HE publishes database to search for appeal and call-in decisions on planning permission affecting heritage assets and listed building consent in England.
The research relates to how the Historic Environment (Wales) Act 2016 can allow Welsh Ministers make regulations to give LAs new powers to issue ‘preservation notices’.
Key findings from the Scottish House Condition Survey (SHCS) 2016, include energy efficiency ratings, carbon emissions, Scottish Housing Quality Standard and disrepair.
Yorkshire Dales National Park Authority has deferred a decision on whether to grant planning permission for five new, affordable homes in Bainbridge for local people.
Briefings offer cutting-edge information to help both owners and building professionals.
England’s Local Government Association has responded to the provisional Local Government Finance Settlement published recently.