Heritage Open Days and Doors
This article originally appeared in the IHBC NewsBlogs
- 2-9 September- Angus Heritage Week
- 8 -18 September- Birmingham Heritage Week
- 8-11 September- Heritage Open Days throughout England
- 10-11 September- Discover Northern Ireland events
- 12- 18 September- Glasgow’s Built Heritage Festival and Glasgow Doors Open Days
- 17 September- Ironbridge World Heritage River Festival
- 17-18 September – London Open House
- 23-25 September- Bristol Architecture Centre weekender
- Throughout September – Doors Open Days Wales
- Throughout September- Doors Open Days Scotland
- Throughout September- European Heritage Open Days
- Throughout September- Scottish Archaeology and Heritage Festival
- Throughout September Scottish Borders Heritage Festival
- Throughout 2016- Scotland’s Festival of Architecture
IHCB says: Happy exploring!
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
IHBC Vice Chair Kathy Davies was a delegate at the APPG on 13/03 which asked, ‘Will the NPPF Review deliver the homes the country needs’ - all concluded : ‘Not a chance!’.
IHBC Northern Ireland Branch Chair Andrew McClelland introduced early thoughts for the 2018 Belfast School – now coming up fast, in June 21-3. View the video…
From up to c.£1.8+M of costed work this week: Haringey Council’s Bruce Grove Toilet Restoration project, closing 26/03, valued £25-50K.
David McDonald, President & Carla Pianese, Support Officer, represented the IHBC’s outreach and recruitment stand at the conference.
2017 - 60th anniversary of the death of Violet Pinwill who in 50+ years as a woodcarver produced a body of work seen in more than 300 churches in Devon and Cornwall.
Historic Environment Scotland (HES) has unveiled a new £12 million investment plan for conservation projects on some of Scotland’s most iconic historic sites.
Highways England has highlighted how the iconic Spaghetti Junction structure is set to be immortalised at the new LEGOLAND Discovery Centre in Birmingham.