Heritage Open Days and Doors
This article originally appeared in the IHBC NewsBlogs
- 2-9 September- Angus Heritage Week
- 8 -18 September- Birmingham Heritage Week
- 8-11 September- Heritage Open Days throughout England
- 10-11 September- Discover Northern Ireland events
- 12- 18 September- Glasgow’s Built Heritage Festival and Glasgow Doors Open Days
- 17 September- Ironbridge World Heritage River Festival
- 17-18 September – London Open House
- 23-25 September- Bristol Architecture Centre weekender
- Throughout September – Doors Open Days Wales
- Throughout September- Doors Open Days Scotland
- Throughout September- European Heritage Open Days
- Throughout September- Scottish Archaeology and Heritage Festival
- Throughout September Scottish Borders Heritage Festival
- Throughout 2016- Scotland’s Festival of Architecture
IHCB says: Happy exploring!
 Find out more
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
One of the most stunning Roman finds ever unearthed in Britain has been discovered on the site of a new housing development in a village near Scarborough.
The latest issue (no.167) of the IHBC’s membership journal Context is now out, boasting a tight focus on Urban Design, with a distinctly international take.
Europa Nostra has announced the list together with its partner, the European Investment Bank Institute.
Work is underway on an ambitious project to virtually ‘clone’ Bradford city centre, as a ‘Digital twin’ will open the door to a 3D world with virtually endless possibilities.
The support will create dozens of opportunities in heritage repair and construction and waterways management, funded by the Department for Work and Pensions.
The 2021 edition of the Building Conservation Directory, also available online, has been published. Find skilled trades specialising in work to historic and traditional buildings.
BT has revealed that almost 4,000 of its iconic red phone boxes across the UK are available for local communities to adopt for just £1.
On 26 March the IHBC, led by Prof. John Edwards, hosted a free one-hour CPD webinar ‘Introduction to Building Survey for Retrofit’ for sector professionals.
Greg Clark, writing an opinion piece for RICS, explores how good governance in cities pays dividends.
The Architectural Heritage Fund has issued a report on the first year of its ‘Transforming Places Through Heritage’ grants programme, funded by DCMS.