It is about time that Social Media was put to work for Construction. Stop tinkering around on the edges and get a structure in place.
After training in architecture, I spent five years teaching design and lecturing at the University of Liverpool School of Architecture and in the USA, and then 15 years managing architects practices.
In 2011 I launched a consultancy, Just Practising, which brings my expertise in the construction industry together with my success using social media in marketing these practices.
I now spend my time:
- Advising construction product companies, contractors and consultants how to integrate social media into their marketing and business development, customer service and recruitment.
- Teaching construction companies how to sell to architects effectively and get their reps, support staff, directors and websites more effective online.
- Training in Linkedin, Twitter and Blogging, both in house and at public workshops and online through your browser.
- Making social objects including documents, video, live blogs, and adapting client’s materials to a more effective purpose.
- Writing, Speaking and running workshops.
- Showing you how to make money out of social media, instead of just being there ‘because everyone else is’
Visit my website, JustPractising.com for more information.
I love networking! Maybe I can help you?
Managing Architects Practices, Business Consultancy to Professional Services, Marketing advice to architects and construction product companies, social media, social networking, construction industry knowledge, development issues, health procurement, listed buildings. Design skills, inclusive teaching of design ideas, Architectural politics. Use of Web 2.0/Social media for marketing and networking. Graphic visualisation of ideas. Operations and Facilities Management, Health & Safety and QM.
Featured articles and news
What is Modernism?
Modernist architecture and its many international variations explained.
BRE support Europe-wide strategic heating plans for local and national authorities.
Work set to begin on 'one of America's greatest parks', which will be 10 times bigger than Central Park.
One of our most popular articles - RSHP's Mike Davies writes about the concept design process.
As Cuba mourn the death of Castro, major renovation of this symbolic landmark may be a reflection of the country's fresh start.
How cannabis plants are used to create an alternative building material with plenty of advantages.
What does Mayor Sadiq Khan's first policy statement mean for London's infrastructure?
Bjarke Ingels Group announced as winners of design competition for new residential landmark in Amsterdam.
Designing Buildings Wiki has reviewed a well-designed and researched set of architecture city maps.
Designing Buildings Wiki attended the second annual Building Live conference, tackling the challenges facing construction.