The Chartered Institute of Building. Construction Management Profession
The Chartered Institute of Building is at the heart of a management career in construction.
We offer you the most direct route to a management career in construction. Join us and you join the largest professional network of its kind spanning the globe.
Our aim is to advance construction management education, underpinned by science and a wealth of experience of the development, conservation and improvement of the built environment.
To find out more, visit our website http://www.ciob.org/
Articles created with content supplied by the Chartered Institute of Building include:
- 3D MOVE: Mobile Immersive Visualisation Environment.
- BIM-Hub, Educating Future Built Environment Professionals to Work in BIM Environment.
- BIM Development for the Crossrail Farringdon Station.
- Bowen Jenkins Legacy Research Fund.
- Building a fairer system: Tackling modern day slavery.
- Chaos theory.
- CIOB competition.
- CIOB competition winners.
- CIOB International innovation and research awards 2016.
- Client commissioning.
- Code of practice for project management.
- Code of practice for programme management.
- Commissioning v testing.
- Comparing the fit between BREEAM assessment and design processes.
- Complex projects contract CPC 2013.
- Complexity theory.
- Computers in building design.
- Computers in tendering.
- Computers in the management of construction.
- Construction efficiency: A tale of two developed countries.
- Construction organisation design.
- Cost control.
- Craft your Future.
- Critical path method.
- Design management plan.
- Does NEC3 aid collaboration in construction?
- Effect of safety investments on safety performance of building projects.
- Ex gratis payment.
- Exploring the impact of the ageing population on the workforce and built environment.
- Flagship first project for CPC 2013.
- Fuzzy logic.
- Gantt chart.
- Icynene spray foam insulation.
- Improving the Safety of Single Carriageways in Northern Ireland.
- Inspiring the future initiative for schools.
- Japanese construction contractors in the international market.
- Modelling building construction durations in Nigeria.
- Overcoming difficulties in value management.
- Productivity in construction: Creating a framework for the industry to thrive.
- Project manager's report.
- Quality control.
- Risk identification and allocation of Singapore construction joint venture projects with developing countries.
- Risk management.
- Scheduling construction activities.
- Site Reconnaissance App SRAp.
- Site selection and acquisition.
- Site personnel.
- The changing form of building worldwide 1984.
- The effectiveness of current smart home technologies to improve energy efficiency.
- The history of human resource management.
- Time and cost management contract TCM15.
- Types of construction organisations.
- UtterBerry intelligent wireless sensor system.
- Value engineering.
- Value management.
- Value management techniques.
Featured articles and news
Paying for off-site goods or materials can be useful, but it puts the client at risk.
People power can be transformative if properly informed and inspired.
ZHA win competition to build an Urban Heritage Administration Centre in Saudi Arabia.
Leaps, not steps, are needed to avoid a ticking time bomb, say BRE in response to Farmer Review.
A multi-purpose hall in France covered in a translucent orange membrane.
Winning designs revealed for a rock formation-influenced residential complex in Rennes.
An article explaining the techniques, regulations and environmental impacts of carbon capture and storage.
Watch one of the first documentaries by the acclaimed Adam Curtis, examining the substandard system building of the 1960s.
Take a look at the tech start-up that could transform construction design and communication.
This house in Barcelona uses an innovative new facade tiling system to blend into the landscape.
The origins, evolution and future of Level 3 BIM.