Article: Terms and Conditions
The owner and operator of this website is Designing Buildings Limited.
The terms and conditions set out below ( ‘Terms and Conditions’ ) govern your use of our hosted internet delivered service ( the ‘Service’ ) for the creation, editing and formatting of any text, graphics, images, audio, video, software, data compilations and any other form of information capable of being stored on a computer ( ‘Contributor Content’) that appears on or forms part of the Service which is created by any third party that accesses this website and uses the Service. By registering and/or clicking the 'SAVE PAGE' button displayed on this website you agree to the Terms and Conditions. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THE Terms and Conditions YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO USE the Service AND YOU MUST IMMEDIATELY STOP USING THIS WEBSITE.
Designing Buildings Limited reserves the right to amend or modify the Terms and Conditions at any time by posting an updated version on this website which shall become effective 14 days after being posted. Your continued use of the Service after this period shall constitute your acceptance of any amended or modified Terms and Conditions. In the event that one or more of the provisions of the Terms and Conditions is found to be unlawful, invalid or otherwise unenforceable, the relevant provision or provisions shall be deemed severed from the remainder of the Terms and Conditions. The remainder of the Terms and Conditions shall be valid and enforceable.
The Terms and Conditions shall be construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. Any dispute shall fall within the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
Terms and Conditions
1. Designing Buildings Limited shall use its best and reasonable endeavours to ensure that this website and the Service are available at all times, however the website and the Service are provided on an ‘as is’ and ‘as available’ basis and their availability and reliability are therefore not guaranteed. Designing Buildings Limited gives no warranty that this website or the Service will be free of defects and faults. To the maximum extent permitted by law, Designing Buildings Limited provides no warranties (express or implied) of the website’s and Service’s fitness for a particular purpose, accuracy of information, compatibility and satisfactory quality.
2. Designing Buildings Limited has the right to modify, alter, suspend or terminate this website or the Service at any time and without notice.
3. Contributor Content should be about building design and Designing Buildings Limited has the right to remove content about other subjects or matters at its sole discretion and without notice.
4. When using the Service you must not:
4.1 Submit to the Service any Contributor Content that is unlawful, false, misleading, defamatory, threatening, offensive or discriminatory on the grounds of gender, race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, disability or age or otherwise objectionable.
4.2 Use obscene or vulgar language.
4.3 Submit to the Service any Contributor Content that infringes intellectual property rights or any laws pertaining to personality rights.
4.4 Post any links to other websites containing any material proscribed by Items 4.1 to 4.3 set out above and Item 4.5 set out below.
4.5 Submit any Contributor Content that may contain viruses or any other software or instructions that may damage, disable, disrupt, delete, deactivate, interfere with or otherwise harm any software, computer hardware, programme, data, system or communications network or which is intended to provide unauthorised access or unauthorised modifications the Service
4.6 Use any robot, spider, data scraping or extraction tool or any similar device or mechanism in relation to the Service.
4.7 Use the Service for unauthorised mass-communication such as spam or junk mail.
4.8 Reproduce, duplicate or resell any part of the Service or this website or engage in any form of commercial advertising or branding.
4.9 Impersonate or pass yourself off as other people or entities.
5. If you breach any of the provisions set out above in item 4, Designing Buildings Limited reserves the right to suspend or terminate your registration and/or access to the Service. If you are banned in this way you must not attempt to use this website under any other name or by using the access credentials of another user, with or without the permission of that user.
6. By submitting Contributor Content you warrant and represent that you are the author of such material or that you have acquired all the appropriate rights and/or permissions to use the material in this fashion.
7. Subject to any ownership rights of third parties in material posted by you, all intellectual property rights subsisting in any Contributor Content shall vest in and be owned by Designing Buildings Limited.
8. All text, graphics, images, audio, video, software data compilations, page layouts, underlying codes and software and any other information capable of being stored on a computer that appears on or forms part of the Service or this website is the property of Designing Buildings Limited. By continuing to use the Service and this website you acknowledge that such material is protected by applicable United Kingdom and International intellectual property and other laws.
9. Any and all material from this website may be re-used without written permission where any of the exceptions detailed in Chapter III of the Copyright Designs and Patents Act 1998 apply.
10. Designing Buildings Limited do not screen or peer group review Contributor Content prior to it appearing on this website. Designing Buildings Limited retains the right to exercise its sole discretion without notice, to remove, alter, modify or relocate Contributor Content as it deems appropriate without the consent of the author. Designing Buildings Limited shall have no obligation to exercise such discretion.
11. The locking of Contributor Content by a registered user is subject to review by this website’s moderator and Designing Buildings Limited shall have the right to exercise its sole discretion without notice, to unlock Contributor Content without the consent of the author.
12. Designing Buildings Limited shall have the right to exercise its sole discretion without notice and without the authors consent, to remove signatures from Contributor Content if the author’s contribution does not constitute the major part of the Contributor Content.
13. By submitting Contributor Content you accept that any third party or parties may read, read aloud, download, save, print alter or modify any unlocked Contributor Content without notice to you or your consent.
14. Notwithstanding the provisions of item 4 above, Designing Buildings Limited is not responsible for any Contributor Content and has no obligation to monitor, screen or peer review it. Designing Buildings Limited or anyone else connected with the said company, is not liable in any way whatsoever or under any circumstances to you or any third parties for any direct or indirect loss or damage, foreseeable or otherwise, including any indirect, consequential, special or exemplary damages arising from the use of this website, the Service or any information contained therein nor for any errors or omissions in the Contributor Content.
15. Designing Buildings Limited makes no warranty or representation that this website or the Service will meet your requirements, that it will be of satisfactory quality, that it will be fit for a particular purpose, that it will not infringe the rights of third parties, that it will be compatible with all computer systems, that it will be secure and that all information provided will be accurate. Designing Buildings Limited makes no guarantee of any specific results from the use of this website or the Service.
16. No part of this website is intended to constitute advice and the Contributor Content should not be relied upon when making any decisions or taking any action of any kind. If you need specific advice you should consult a suitably qualified professional.
17. Commercial use of this website is prohibited by these Terms and Conditions. Any such use constitutes a breach of these Terms and Conditions and Designing Buildings Limited makes no representation or warranty that the Contributor Content is suitable for use in commercial situations or that it constitutes accurate data and / or advice on which business decisions can be based.
18. Whilst Designing Buildings Limited uses reasonable endeavours to ensure that this website is secure and free of errors, viruses and other malware, you must take responsibility for your own security relating to your personal details and to your computers.
19. If you register on this website you will be required to select a username and password which shall be at your discretion however you must abide by the matters set out above in item 4 when selecting a username. To maximise security passwords should utilise a combination of letters and numbers and should not be obvious or easy to guess.
20. When registering you represent and warrant that all information submitted is accurate and truthful and that all such information will be kept accurate and up to date.
21. This website may contain links to other websites. Unless expressly stated, these websites are not under the control of Designing Buildings Limited and it assumes no responsibility for the content of such websites and disclaims liability for any and all forms of loss or damage arising out of the use of them. The inclusion of a link to another website on this website does not imply any endorsement of the websites themselves or those in control of them.
22. The agreement created by these Terms and Conditions is between you and Designing Buildings Limited and nothing herein shall confer any rights on any third party.