Put all construction industry knowledge in one place and make it available to everyone for free.
Construction in the UK employs 3 million people in 280,000 organisations, each holding a vast amount of expert knowledge. Everything from how to create a brief for a new project, to getting tax breaks for water efficient taps. But much of that knowledge is inaccessible, fragmented and dispersed.
To work together effectively we need to break out of our single-discipline silos, pool our knowledge and share best practice. If we put all our knowledge in one place, where everyone can find it, Construction UK will be more efficient, more collaborative, more innovative and better able to compete in the global market place.
Designing Buildings Wiki is the only industry-wide, cross-discipline forum for finding and sharing information. Anyone can create articles about subjects they know and anyone can find articles about subjects they don’t.
- 1,600 articles.
- 90,000 unique users a month.
- 240,000 page impressions a month.
Don’t leave your knowledge gathering dust on a hard drive. Add it to Designing Buildings Wiki and it will link to hundreds of other articles and connect to your profile. So when people search for information about your subject, they will also find you.
- Find out more about Designing Buildings Wiki.
- Find out why it is in your interests to write an article.
- Find out how to create an article.
- Survey by @CICtweet "55% believe theirs is an inspiring job". It's the other 45% we have to worry about... http://t.co/zdJwnJEmjy
- Some great ideas for World Cities Day on @guardian live challenge http://t.co/gxQiB6ImGl
- RT @MakeArchitects: Wait a minute, could THIS be the largest retained facade in Europe? It's 48 Leicester Square for Linseed Assets http://…
Featured articles and news
Thinking about building your dream home? We've created detailed step-by-step guidance to help you avoid those mistakes you see on Channel 4 every week.
Boris Johnson has published supplementary planning guidance: Accessible London: Achieving an Inclusive Environment, which provides '...guidance on what measures developers can include in their building designs and operations to achieve the highest standards of access and inclusion.'
Check out our latest newsletter.
Rebekah Paczek highlights the key recommendations of the Lyons Housing Review, an independent review carried out by Sir Michael Lyons for the Labour Party’s Policy Review.