Create a new article
Creating an article
- First log in or register (registering only takes 2 mins).
- Then type the title of the article you want to create into the search box at the top of the page.
- If an article with that name doesn't exist, you'll be asked if you want to create it. Click on the link and your new article will open.
Writing an article
- You can write an article from scratch, or you can paste it from another application. You can paste by typing 'Ctrl C', or clicking the 'paste as plain text' button, or by clicking the 'paste from word' button. Which is best will depend on the application you are pasting from and how complex the formatting is. Try them all and see which gives the best result.
- At the end of your article, click the 'insert signature' button, and your profile will then appear at the top of the article when you save it.
- Keep your formatting simple. Plain text, bulleted lists, numbered lists and headings.
- Save your article regularly - then if you have a problem you can recover previous versions from the article history (click on the 'See full history' at the top of the article).
- Articles should not be promotional or biased. To stay impartial, ask yourself what someone else would write about the subject.
Featured articles and news
Sign up for our free newsletter and stay up to date with the latest industry news, featured articles and stories from around the web.
BRE has published "The cost of poor housing to the NHS - Briefing Paper" looking at how poor quality housing impacts on health.
Construction Lawyer Najma Dunnett takes a look at the legal considerations of CDM 2015.
BRE competition offers up to £50,000 to support the development of solutions to accurately and quickly measure heat loss from solid walls.
The RIBA has published 'Ten principles for procuring better outcomes' in response to the new Public Contracts Regulations.
CIRIA’s susdrain project has published an infographic giving an overview of the drivers and benefits of sustainable urban drainage systems.
4 entries for the Nine Elms to Pimlico bridge competition have been invited to take part in the next stage.
For more news, go to the home page.