Create a new article
Creating an article
- First log in or register (registering only takes 2 mins).
- Then type the title of the article you want to create into the search box at the top of the page.
- If an article with that name doesn't exist, you'll be asked if you want to create it. Click on the link and your new article will open.
Writing an article
- You can write an article from scratch, or you can paste it from another application. You can paste by typing 'Ctrl C', or clicking the 'paste as plain text' button, or by clicking the 'paste from word' button. Which is best will depend on the application you are pasting from and how complex the formatting is. Try them all and see which gives the best result.
- At the end of your article, click the 'insert signature' button, and your profile will then appear at the top of the article when you save it.
- Keep your formatting simple. Plain text, bulleted lists, numbered lists and headings.
- Save your article regularly - then if you have a problem you can recover previous versions from the article history (click on the 'See full history' at the top of the article).
- Articles should not be promotional or biased. To stay impartial, ask yourself what someone else would write about the subject.
Featured articles and news
So how many different procurement routes can you name? More than 24?
Research suggests that Display Energy Certificates have been an opportunity missed.
NBS National BIM Report 2015 shows awareness is down, but Nemetschek Vectorworks is up.
We just had our busiest ever day at Designing Buildings Wiki with more than 20,000 page views. Check out our latest stats.
What is architectural design? Mike Davies from RSH+P explains the process.
More than 3,000 people have registered on Designing Buildings Wiki. Register now and you can create a profile page, start new articles and receive our weekly news summary to make sure you stay up to date. It’s quick to do and completely free.
German architect and pioneer of tensile structures, Frei Otto, has died at the age of 89.
For more news, go to the home page.