Consumer Contracts Regulations
The Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013 are applicable to all contracts for the provision of goods from 13 June 2014. They replace the previous Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000 and the Cancellation of Contracts made in a Consumer's Home or Place of Work etc. Regulations 2008.
The regulations apply to off-premises contracts, distance contracts and on-premises contracts.
The regulations set out the following:
- The information a trader must give to a consumer before and after making a sale.
- How that information should be provided.
- The right for consumers to change their minds when purchasing from a distance or off-premises.
- Delivery times and passing of risk.
- A prohibition on any additional payments which appear as a default option.
- A prohibition on consumers having to pay in excess of the basic rate for post-contract customer help lines.
Schedule 1 to the regulations details the information that must be provided for on-premises contracts whilst Schedule 2 details the information for off-premises contracts. Schedule 3 provides details on cancellation rights for all distance and off-premises sellers.
Guidance information on the implementation of the regulations is provided in the government booklet ‘Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations, Implementing Guidance, December 2013’.
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki.
- Appointing consultants.
- Back-to-back provisions in construction contacts.
- Breach of contract.
- Construction contracts.
- Construing a contract.
- Contract conditions.
- Contract documents.
- Contract v tort.
- Contracts under seal v under hand.
- Essentials of a contract.
- Express and implied terms in construction contracts.
- Housing Grants, Construction and Regeneration Act HGRA.
- Modifying clauses in standard forms of contract.
- Scheme for Construction Contracts.
- The Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act
 External references
- Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013.
- Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations, Implementing Guidance, December 2013.
Featured articles and news
ZHA win competition to build an Urban Heritage Administration Centre in Saudi Arabia.
Leaps, not steps, are needed to avoid a ticking time bomb, say BRE in response to Farmer Review.
A multi-purpose hall in France covered in a translucent orange membrane.
Winning designs revealed for a rock formation-influenced residential complex in Rennes.
An article explaining the techniques, regulations and environmental impacts of carbon capture and storage.
Watch one of the first documentaries by the acclaimed Adam Curtis, examining the substandard system building of the 1960s.
Take a look at the tech start-up that could transform construction design and communication.
This house in Barcelona uses an innovative new facade tiling system to blend into the landscape.
The origins, evolution and future of Level 3 BIM.
For new and returning Urban Design students, check out our article list divided up into the modules you'll be studying.
Report states that health of urban dwellers could be significantly improved by rethinking transport design.