BRE articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
- A case study of adopting BIT-Kit: A method uncovering the impact buildings have on people. March 2014
- A measure of net well-being that incorporates the effect of housing environmental impacts. March 2014
- Adapting 1965-1980 semi-detached dwellings in the UK to reduce summer overheating and the effect of the 2010 Building Regulations. March 2014
- Airtightness of energy efficient buildings. March 2014
- Air conditioning in non-domestic buildings. July 2016
- Alkali-activated binders for precast and ready-mixed concrete products: A route map to standardisation, certification and guidance. June 2016.
- Anatomy of low carbon retrofits: evidence from owner-occupied superhomes. March 2014
- Applications, performance characteristics and environmental benefits of alkali-activated binder concretes. June 2013.
- Automatic fire detection and alarm systems, an introductory guide to components and systems BR 510.
- BES 6001 Responsible sourcing of construction products. September 2015
- BIM – it's about the Planet. May 2015
- Biodiversity in the urban environment. November 2014
- Bluetooth. December 2014
- Boardroom to building site skills gap survey. March 2016
- Bottom-up approach to address the challenges of low-carbon eco-cites. January 2015.
- BRE articles on Designing Buildings Wiki.
- BRE Digest 365 Soakaway design. April 2016
- BRE Expert Collection 6 Daylight and shading. November 2015
- BRE National Solar Centre. October 2015
- BRE photovoltaic certification scheme. July 2016
- BRE SMARTWaste online reporting platform. October 2015
- BRE Trust Review 2014. July 2015
- BRE Üserhuus. September 2015
- BRE wellbeing research paper competition. August 2015
- BREEAM associate online training. March 2016
- BREEAM extends coverage of VOC schemes to a number of European-based schemes. October 2015
- Building on fill. October 2015.
- Building Research Establishment BRE. January 2014
- Code of Practice for Grid Connected Solar Photovoltaic Systems. October 2015
- Colour appearance. September 2016.
- Constructing Excellence merges with BRE. August 2016
- Conventions for U-value calculations (2006 edition) BR 443. July 2016
- Cracking in buildings. April 2016
- Creating strong communities – measuring social sustainability in new housing development. March 2014
- Daylight benefits in healthcare buildings. March 2014
- Domestic micro-generation. January 2015
- Electricity supply. December 2014
- Embedded security: Procuring an effective facility protective security system. December 2015.
- Energy management and building controls. April 2016
- External fire spread, Supplementary guidance to BR 187 incorporating probabilistic and time-based approaches. May 2016.
- Flood resilient house. September 2016.
- Glossary of electrical terms. December 2014
- Health and wellbeing impacts of natural and artificial lighting. August 2015
- Homes and ageing in England. November 2015
- Home quality mark. March 2015
- Illuminance. September 2016.
- Integrated modelling, simulation and visualisation (MSV) for sustainable built healing environments (BHEs). March 2014
- Lighting and health infographic. August 2015
- LINA - Life Cycle Assessment tool. July 2016.
- Luminaire efficacy. September 2016.
- Measuring fuel poverty. June 2016
- Micro-grids December 2014
- National Refurbishment Centre. August 2016.
- Personal protection watermist systems in the homes of vulnerable people. November 2015.
- Power factor. September 2016.
- Power over ethernet. December 2014
- Power over USB. January 2015
- PV inverter. December 2014
- RetrofitLab App. October 2015
- Security glazing. October 2016
- Site layout planning for daylight and sunlight. September 2011
- Smart meter. December 2014
- The causes of false fire alarms in buildings. 2014
- The cost of poor housing to the NHS. March 2015
- The daylight factor. March 2014
- The design of extra care housing for older people and its impact on wellbeing: The East Sussex perspective. March 201
- The essential guide to retail lighting. September 2013.
- The full cost of poor housing. May 2016
- The Future of Electricity in Domestic Buildings. December 2014
- The impact of the design of the Psychiatric inpatient facility on perceptions of Carer wellbeing. March 2014
- The real cost of poor housing. March 2014
- The rewards of complying with BIM Level 2. February 2016
- The role of codes, standards and approvals in delivering fire safety. September 2016
- Transitioning to eco-cities: Reducing carbon emissions while improving urban welfare. March 2014
- Transport design and health. Oct 2016
- U-value conventions in practice: Worked examples using BR 443. January 2012
- Ubiquitous sensors to assess energy consumption and wellbeing in domestic environments. March 2014
- Visual alarm devices - their effectiveness in warning of fire. April 2015
- Well-being and regeneration: Reflections from Carpenters Estate. March 2014
- WiFi. December 2014
- WiMax. January 2015.
- Zero Bills Home. March 2016.
- ZigBee. January 2015
- File:David Strong (1of2)The Daylight Factor TSB-BRE paper v 3.pdf. March 2014
- File:David Strong (2of2)Daylight Benefits in Healthcare buildings TSB-BRE v 1.pdf. March 2014
- File:Emeka Osaji Integrated MSV for Sustainable BHEs Osaji JSTAN 2013.pdf. March 2014
- File:Lesley McIntyre BITKit Building 4 Change.pdf. March 2014
- File:Marney Walker Design of Extra Care impact on wellbeing ESCC 140214.pdf. March 2014
- File:Michal Kraus Airtightness of Energy Efficient Buildings.pdf. March 2014
- File:Simon Nicol APNHR Quantifying the Cost of Poor Housing in England May 2013 2 col vears 29 5 13.pdf. March 2014
- File:Stephanie Butcher Well-Being and Regeneration.pdf. March 2014
- File:Stephanie Gauthier Ubiquitous senors to assess peoples energy consumption and wellbeing in domestic environments.pdf. March 2014
- File:The Future of Electricity in Domestic Buildings.pdf. December 2014
- File:Tim Dixon BRE UBM Competition TD SW.pdf. March 2014
Featured articles and news
Sadiq Khan publishes a new development strategy for the capital.
In the week of the momentous Heathrow decision, we look back at the development and design of T5.
BSRIA’s flagship event will address performance and wellbeing beyond compliance.
Young Architects and Developers Alliance launched to build the relationship between the two disciplines.
BS 8536-2:2016 Design and construction: Code of practice for asset management (Linear and geographical infrastructure).
Paying for off-site goods or materials can be useful, but it puts the client at risk.
People power can be transformative if properly informed and inspired.
ZHA win competition to build an Urban Heritage Administration Centre in Saudi Arabia.
Leaps, not steps, are needed to avoid a ticking time bomb, say BRE in response to Farmer Review.
A multi-purpose hall in France covered in a translucent orange membrane.
Winning designs revealed for a rock formation-influenced residential complex in Rennes.
An article explaining the techniques, regulations and environmental impacts of carbon capture and storage.
Watch one of the first documentaries by the acclaimed Adam Curtis, examining the substandard system building of the 1960s.