Win £500 and a commendation from the CIOB
DEADLINE EXTENDED TO 5PM FRIDAY 3 MAY.
Here are three top tips for how to win:
- Sanity check. Get someone else to read your article.
- Write facts not opinions. You shouldn’t need to write ‘I’ or ‘we’.
- Think encyclopaedia not magazine. Would your article work on Wikipedia?
It’s a great opportunity to get a competition win on your CV and raise your profile at the same time.
Two brilliant new articles by The College of Estate Management:
- Change is coming. So what are the differences between NRM2 and SMM7? A section by section comparison. Read more …
- What issues influence the selection of structural systems in office design? Read more …
And a couple of other fascinating new articles:
- Can spiders be used to stop the spread of woodworm? A recent trial suggests there may be scope for using spiders rather than sprays to control woodworm populations. The introduction of a few spiders can break the woodworm cycle by catching the beetles before they lay eggs. Read more...
- Live event production. A comprehensive description of this rapidly changing discipline. It’s construction, but not as we know it. Read more…
If you’re not already, follow us on Twitter @DesigningB to be kept up to date with the latest additions to the site and to share your feedback with us.
Featured articles and news
Watch one of the first documentaries by the acclaimed Adam Curtis, examining the substandard system building of the 1960s.
Take a look at the tech start-up that could transform construction design and communication.
This house in Barcelona uses an innovative new facade tiling system to blend into the landscape.
The origins, evolution and future of Level 3 BIM.
For new and returning Urban Design students, check out our article list divided up into the modules you'll be studying.
Report states that health of urban dwellers could be significantly improved by rethinking transport design.
The Kremlin, the centre of Russian power, includes some of the country's finest architecture.
Report launched outlining steps for a national infrastructure system that is efficient, sustainable, and delivers until 2050.
A review of Justin Bere's concise and well-presented introductory guide to Passive House.
This article describes in detail the tender process for a typical commercial construction contract.
'The filing cabinet' which was labelled one of the best British buildings of the 21st century.