Budgets for projects should be set as early as possible.
A budget can be established by:
- Assessment of projected income and expenses through the life of the project.
- Comparison with similar projects.
- Assessment of the funds available.
- Pre-design analysis of requirements.
- Analysis of preliminary design options.
The client's total project budget may include:
- The construction cost.
- Land or property acquisition.
- Approvals fees.
- Planning costs (Section 106 Agreement or Community Infrastructure Levy).
- Financing costs.
- Site investigations.
- Fixtures, fittings and equipment.
- The cost of decanting and relocating, including costs associated with moving staff.
- Contracts outside of the main works.
- Consultant fees.
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
- Approximate quantities cost plan.
- Bills of quantities.
- Business plan.
- Capital allowances.
- Capital costs.
- Contract sum.
- Contract sum analysis.
- Cost consultant.
- Cost control.
- Elemental cost plan
- Final account.
- Initial cost appraisals
- Net Present Value.
- New Rules of Measurement.
- Pre-tender estimate.
- Tender pricing document
- Whole-life costs.
BSRIA back a four-month feasibility study to develop a UK scheme that will deliver the standard of energy performance specified in client briefs.
Read about one of the world's most iconic buildings that after over a century continues to inspire affection.
Lendlease to pioneer 'WELL' certification and provide 'WELL ready' workplaces for tenants.
George Osborne's Spending Review confirms new apprenticeship levy that could threaten the viability of the Construction Industry Training Board.
Rebekah Paczec from Snapdragon Consulting gives us her unique take on the spending review and what it means for the construction industry.
HSE publish Occupational health risk management in construction. A guide to the key issues of occupational health provision.
7 uses of lighting to improve health and wellbeing by BRE Buzz.
Free to download, at-a-glance guide published by BRSIA.
NASC publishes revised safety and technical guidance.
For more news, go to the home page.