- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
Last edited 21 Jun 2013
Win £500 and a commendation from the CIOB
DEADLINE EXTENDED TO 5PM FRIDAY 3 MAY.
Here are three top tips for how to win:
- Sanity check. Get someone else to read your article.
- Write facts not opinions. You shouldn’t need to write ‘I’ or ‘we’.
- Think encyclopaedia not magazine. Would your article work on Wikipedia?
It’s a great opportunity to get a competition win on your CV and raise your profile at the same time.
Two brilliant new articles by The College of Estate Management:
- Change is coming. So what are the differences between NRM2 and SMM7? A section by section comparison. Read more …
- What issues influence the selection of structural systems in office design? Read more …
And a couple of other fascinating new articles:
- Can spiders be used to stop the spread of woodworm? A recent trial suggests there may be scope for using spiders rather than sprays to control woodworm populations. The introduction of a few spiders can break the woodworm cycle by catching the beetles before they lay eggs. Read more...
- Live event production. A comprehensive description of this rapidly changing discipline. It’s construction, but not as we know it. Read more…
Featured articles and news
Do you understand the different types of stone and which ones you should use where?
An ECA briefing for members about the commercial implications of leaving the EU.
A crucial moment on any project - and fraught with danger.
The performance gap from a Northern Ireland perspective.
Book review: Buildings of protestant nonconformity.
Design and testing for health and wellbeing - free download from BRE.
Retention in construction contracts.
Campaign for the reform of cash retentions.
The key points for the construction industry and BSRIA's response.
How to make roads safer: the debate continues.
What does the Northern Powerhouse mean for us?
The different types of bond in construction contracts.