- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
Last edited 21 Jun 2013
Win £500 and a commendation from the CIOB
DEADLINE EXTENDED TO 5PM FRIDAY 3 MAY.
Here are three top tips for how to win:
- Sanity check. Get someone else to read your article.
- Write facts not opinions. You shouldn’t need to write ‘I’ or ‘we’.
- Think encyclopaedia not magazine. Would your article work on Wikipedia?
It’s a great opportunity to get a competition win on your CV and raise your profile at the same time.
Two brilliant new articles by The College of Estate Management:
- Change is coming. So what are the differences between NRM2 and SMM7? A section by section comparison. Read more …
- What issues influence the selection of structural systems in office design? Read more …
And a couple of other fascinating new articles:
- Can spiders be used to stop the spread of woodworm? A recent trial suggests there may be scope for using spiders rather than sprays to control woodworm populations. The introduction of a few spiders can break the woodworm cycle by catching the beetles before they lay eggs. Read more...
- Live event production. A comprehensive description of this rapidly changing discipline. It’s construction, but not as we know it. Read more…
Featured articles and news
The phrase ‘time at large’ describes the situation where there is no date for completion, or it has become invalid.
The Maldives is under threat from climate change. Read this report from BRE on their potential involvement in the region.
MHCLG update states there are still 124 private high-rise buildings with unsafe cladding and no remediation plan.
Starting a new built environment degree? We have a wide range of resources aimed at students.
Former railway chief James Blake says trust and control are key to successful infrastructure projects.
Do you know your Rococo from your De Stijl, your Gothic from your Post-modernist?
May outlines a new funding strategy for housing associations and says the 'stigma' of social housing needs to end.
RIBA launches a consultation on a new Plan of Work for Fire Safety.
This article offers some basic rules to follow when writing your next specification.
The iconic Mackintosh Building will definitely be rebuilt, board chairwoman confirms.
The machinery used to fashion stone has changed dramatically - and so have the products.