In the construction industry, the term ‘services’ might refer to:
- The undertaking by a supplier of activities such as; consultation, design, maintenance, installation, banking, insurance, the provision of accommodation and so on. Services are intangible, and do not involve a transfer of possession or ownership. Services are distinguished from products and materials, which are tangible items, used in, or incorporated into construction works, such as doors or concrete. However, services may be provided alongside the provision of products or materials. Click here for a list of articles on Designing Buildings Wiki about construction industry services.
- Systems installed in buildings to make them comfortable, functional, efficient and safe. See building services for more information.
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
- Articles about products and services.
- Building activities definition.
- Building component.
- Building element.
- Building entities.
- Building products.
- Building services.
- Building system.
- Construction materials
- Construction works.
- Contractor vs supplier.
- Products v goods v materials.
- Subcontractor vs supplier.
- Supply chain management.
- Supply chain.
Featured articles and news
Four practical tips to bring sustainability into your building design.
Have a look at these designs for a new cross-laminated timber tower in Toronto.
Geniebelt examine the urgent need for change in construction.
Read our introductory article to the contractor's design portion.
Four ways in which smart cities could make our lives better.
Mayor Sadiq Khan announces new Greener City Fund in drive to make London the first 'National Park City'.
BSRIA announce UKAS accreditation for sound absorption testing.
The full terms of reference are published for the Grenfell Tower Inquiry.
Read our introductory article into the role and practice of the architect.
Despite dividing opinion since its 1955 completion, Stalin's gift to Poland, the PKiN, is still Warsaw's most recognisible landmark.
Graduate Engineer Brittany Harris asks, what makes a great place to work?
Mayor Sadiq Khan publishes new guidance aimed at fast-tracking affordable housing projects through planning.