- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
Last edited 04 Feb 2015
Considered seminal at the time, Patterns had a significant influence on engineering for several decades. Patterns is reproduced here with the kind permission of Buro Happold because of its historical interest and the impact it has had on the development of engineering theory.
Patterns 6 was published in July 1990.
The contents of Patterns 6 are:
- 'Those Ills We Have'. By Bill Biggs.
- Horsham Town Centre Redevelopment. By Rod Macdonald.
- Warehouse and Office Development for Schwarzkopf UK. By John Morrison.
- Infrastructure and Highway Design for Emersons Green Science Research Park, Avon. By Vincent Grant and John Fraud.
- An Atrium at Buckingham Gate, Westminster. By Mick Green, Peter Moseley and Ben Kaser.
- Lighting the High-Tech Office. By Paul Ruffles.
- Restoration Behind the Listed Facade - Colonnades, Bath. By Richard Harris and Simon Wright.
 Find out more
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
- Patterns 1: October 1987.
- Patterns 2: April 1988.
- Patterns 3: August 1988.
- Patterns 4: November 1988.
- Patterns 5: May 1989.
- Patterns 7: December 1990.
- Patterns 8: May 1991.
- Patterns 9: October 1991.
- Patterns 10: December 1991.
- Patterns 11: August 1993.
- Patterns 12: July 1997.
- Patterns 13: March 2001.
- Patterns 14: March 2005.
- Patterns: Ground Source Energy. 2008.
- Patterns: Specialist Consulting, 2007.
- Patterns 15: Autumn / Winter 2010.
- Patterns 16: Autumn / Winter 2011.
Featured articles and news
From frost damage to sulphate attack, common causes of defects in brickwork.
Precautions to take when making advance payments.
Helping communities recover from disasters and protecting them before they occur.
Instrumentation for critical healthcare environments.
Case study in the use of soft landings at the University of the West of England.
Richard Rogers wins is the AIA’s highest annual honour.
A quick introduction to a healthier and more sustainable form of construction.
The structural feasibility of modular high-rise buildings.
BRE conference on ways of providing and maintaining quality indoor environments.
CDBB publish foundational definitions and values to guide the development of the National Digital Twin.
Despite the reduction in staffing, most users remain satisfied with the service.
We run through the top 37 styles in history - but how many would you recognise?