- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
Last edited 06 Nov 2017
Lord Prior of Brampton
On 21 December 2016, Lord Prior of Brampton (David Prior) was appointed Parliamentary Under Secretary of State at the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy, with responsibilities including construction, where he took over from Jess Norman.
He previously served as Member of Parliament for North Norfolk from 1997 to 2001 and went on to become deputy chairman and CEO of the Conservative Party. He is now a Conservative member of the House of Lords.
He is the son of former Cabinet minister Jim Prior, who died in 2016.
His wide-ranging responsibilities include:
- Industrial strategy
- Lords lead on all BEIS issues
- Industrial policy (with the Minister of State for Climate Change and Industry)
- Life sciences
- EU single market
- deregulation and regulatory reform
- Land Registry
- Ordnance Survey
- Companies House
- Corporate minister
Chief Executive of the Federation of Master Builders, Brian Berry, said: “We welcome the appointment of Lord Prior, whose combination of political and professional experience should leave him well placed to forge the strong, collaborative relationship that is needed between industry and Government."
In October 2017, Lord Prior was replaced as Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy) by The Rt Hon. the Lord Henley (Oliver Eden).
 Find out more
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
- Chief planner.
- Construction 2025.
- Construction industry reports.
- Construction Leadership Council.
- Digital Built Britain.
- Farmer Review 2016: Modernise or die.
- Government Construction Board.
- Government Construction Pipeline.
- Government Construction Strategy 2011 2015.
- Government Construction Strategy 2016 2020.
- Infrastructure and Projects Authority.
- National Infrastructure Delivery Plan 2016-2021.
- National Infrastructure Pipeline.
- National Infrastructure Plan.
- National Needs Assessment NNA.
Featured articles and news
What U-values are, why they matter and how they are calculated.
The need to ensure that we plan for all aspects of our bio-economy
BSRIA calls on government to reach deeper into the causes of pollution.
George Demetri brings a whole new level of technical knowledge to Designing Buildings Wiki.
Quality professionals need to take an active role in driving the completion process forwards.
The innovations needed to move from rhetoric to realisation.
Creating a sense of place, with radically-low running costs and the highest comfort levels.
A conversation between David Mitchell and Caitlin DeSilvey.
A quick guide to brick sizes.
The Union Street development in Southwark was a passion, as well as a business endeavour.
Do our water quality standards demonstrate to the public that their supply is clean?
A third of practitioners do not have easy access to the knowledge they need.
Sustainable approaches to relief, recovery and reconstruction after a natural disaster.