- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
Last edited 06 Nov 2017
Lord Prior of Brampton
On 21 December 2016, Lord Prior of Brampton (David Prior) was appointed Parliamentary Under Secretary of State at the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy, with responsibilities including construction, where he took over from Jess Norman.
He previously served as Member of Parliament for North Norfolk from 1997 to 2001 and went on to become deputy chairman and CEO of the Conservative Party. He is now a Conservative member of the House of Lords.
He is the son of former Cabinet minister Jim Prior, who died in 2016.
His wide-ranging responsibilities include:
- Industrial strategy
- Lords lead on all BEIS issues
- Industrial policy (with the Minister of State for Climate Change and Industry)
- Life sciences
- EU single market
- deregulation and regulatory reform
- Land Registry
- Ordnance Survey
- Companies House
- Corporate minister
Chief Executive of the Federation of Master Builders, Brian Berry, said: “We welcome the appointment of Lord Prior, whose combination of political and professional experience should leave him well placed to forge the strong, collaborative relationship that is needed between industry and Government."
In October 2017, Lord Prior was replaced as Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy) by The Rt Hon. the Lord Henley (Oliver Eden).
 Find out more
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
- Chief planner.
- Construction 2025.
- Construction industry reports.
- Construction Leadership Council.
- Digital Built Britain.
- Farmer Review 2016: Modernise or die.
- Government Construction Board.
- Government Construction Pipeline.
- Government Construction Strategy 2011 2015.
- Government Construction Strategy 2016 2020.
- Infrastructure and Projects Authority.
- National Infrastructure Delivery Plan 2016-2021.
- National Infrastructure Pipeline.
- National Infrastructure Plan.
- National Needs Assessment NNA.
Featured articles and news
Our servers have reached another milestone. Why not write an article and be seen by our 6.5 million users.
RSHP celebrates competition win in Paris.
All about approved inspectors.
Whilst apparently confusing, German conservation is actually not that different.
The rise and fall of council housing. Book review.
Drivers of change in global heating markets.
11 interesting facts about the use and nature of the material.
Will politicians ultimately fail to tackle Britain's structural challenges?
How self-certification can save time and money.
CIBSE updates Fire Safety Engineering guidance.
EA finds England's water companies are simply unacceptable.