- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
Last edited 06 Mar 2019
Types of lifting devices (including links to articles on Designing Buildings Wiki) inlcude:
- Cherry picker.
- Forklift truck.
- Lift table.
- Lifting platform.
- Lifting sling.
- Pallet truck.
- Post lift.
- Scissor lift.
- Suction lifter.
- Wheelchair platform.
- Working platform.
 Find out more
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
- Access and inclusion in the built environment: policy and guidance.
- Access consultant.
- Approved document M.
- Changing lifestyles.
- Considerations When Installing a Residential Lift.
- Fire and rescue service.
- Firefighting lift.
- Inclusive design.
- Lifting Operations and Lifting Equipment Regulations (LOLER).
- Lifts and Escalators: A Quality Perspective.
- Lifts and Their Special Operating Modes.
- Lifts for office buildings.
- Manual handling.
- Mobile elevating work platforms (MEWPs).
- Non-discriminatory building design.
- Smart elevators.
- Types of scaffolding.
- Work at height.
- Working platforms for tracked plant: good practice guide to the design, installation, maintenance and repair of ground-supported working platforms.
Featured articles and news
Rebuilding could take 20 to 40 years.
RSHP’s high-rise residential towers win a tall buildings award for excellence.
BSRIA study reveals strong growth in 2018.
Dame Judith Hackitt confirmed as keynote speaker – one year on from the Hackitt Report.
Save £100 on tickets.
Modern slavery in the construction sector.
What to bear in mind when claiming damages in construction.
How do we achieve sustainable clean-water infrastructure for all?
What you should know when appointing an architect.
A brief history plus some new developments.
How computational fluid dynamics (CFD) helps building design.
The Hong Kong Harbour Area Treatment Scheme (HATS).
'Expressions of interest' for construction contracts.