- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
Last edited 25 Jan 2018
HS2 and community projects
On 25 January 2018, the first recipients of the High Speed 2 (HS2) Phase One Community and Environment Fund (CEF) and Business and Local Economy Fund (BLEF) were announced.
The first organisations to secure CEF local grants are:
- Castlehaven Community Association in Camden, London: A local community initiative to get more residents engaged in environmental issues.
- Helmdon Acorns pre-school in Northamptonshire: To improve the safety and accessibility of the children’s play area.
- Thorpe Mandeville Village Hall Trust: To resolve damp issues at the village hall.
- Steeple Claydon Methodist Church in Buckinghamshire: To make a number of improvements to the church premises.
- West Euston Partnership in London: To support ‘Healthtrain’, a community-led local health initiative.
- Wormleighton Parochial Church Council in Warwickshire: To install toilets and catering facilities in St Peters Church.
 Find out more
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
Featured articles and news
Do you know your Rococo from your De Stijl, your Gothic from your Post-modernist?
May outlines a new funding strategy for housing associations and says the 'stigma' of social housing needs to end.
RIBA launches a consultation on a new Plan of Work for Fire Safety.
This article offers some basic rules to follow when writing your next specification.
The iconic Mackintosh Building will definitely be rebuilt, board chairwoman confirms.
The machinery used to fashion stone has changed dramatically - and so have the products.
This type of pile provides support to the building, as well as acting as a heat source and a heat sink.
Why investors are adopting the SDGs and why civil engineering could be crucial for delivering them.
Read about all the winners from the London ceremony of CIAT's 2018 Architectural Technology Awards.
How do you find the right stone to conserve historic buildings?
Appointment agreements often include a ‘scope of services’ setting out the consultant's performance on a project.