- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
Last edited 25 Jan 2018
HS2 and community projects
On 25 January 2018, the first recipients of the High Speed 2 (HS2) Phase One Community and Environment Fund (CEF) and Business and Local Economy Fund (BLEF) were announced.
Community projects located along the new HS2 route will receive a cash boost of more than £245,000, as part of a £45 million government pledge.
The purpose of both CEF and BLEF is to support local economies and communities that will be affected by the Phase One construction of HS2 (between London and Birmingham).
The first organisations to secure CEF local grants are:
- Castlehaven Community Association in Camden, London: A local community initiative to get more residents engaged in environmental issues.
- Helmdon Acorns pre-school in Northamptonshire: To improve the safety and accessibility of the children’s play area.
- Thorpe Mandeville Village Hall Trust: To resolve damp issues at the village hall.
- Steeple Claydon Methodist Church in Buckinghamshire: To make a number of improvements to the church premises.
- West Euston Partnership in London: To support ‘Healthtrain’, a community-led local health initiative.
- Wormleighton Parochial Church Council in Warwickshire: To install toilets and catering facilities in St Peters Church.
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
Featured articles and news
Read our introductory article to the completion date in construction contracts.
Almost 90% of freight in London is moved by road. The River Thames could add much needed extra capacity.
National Infrastructure Commission warn that large infrastructure projects are at risk of falling behind.
The quality of Cambridge owes as much to its open spaces as to its architectural uniqueness.
If events occur that cause the completion of the works to be delayed then these may be compensation events.
BSRIA's new Building MOTs Scheme is designed to provide guidance on the next steps after compliance.
At an ICE discussion, the focus was on delivering a Northern Infrastructure Strategy based on opportunity for all.
The Considerate Constructors Scheme officially launch the new Ultra Site status for contractors and supply chains.
The risk of specification errors in the cladding sector is "worryingly high" after Grenfell, according to major distributor.
Here is our outline work plan for a private sector design and build project.