- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
Last edited 31 Aug 2018
Grenfell tower articles
Articles about the Grenfell Tower fire are written by our editors and updated regularly. Scroll to the bottom of the articles for the latest developments:
- The overall story.
- Hackitt review of the building regulations and fire safety, final report.
- Public Inquiry.
Other related articles include:
- ACM cladding.
- ACM cladding testing by BRE.
- Advice for External Wall Insulation (EWI) systems with a render or brick-slip finish.
- Advice note for external wall systems that do not incorporate ACM.
- BS 8414 Fire performance of external cladding systems.
- BS 9999: Code of practice for fire safety in the design, management and use of buildings.
- BS 9991:2015 Fire safety in the design, management and use of residential buildings. Code of practice.
- Celotex insulation.
- CIAT response to Grenfell inquiry.
- Consultation on banning the use of combustible materials in the external walls of high-rise residential buildings.
- Fire performance of external thermal insulation for walls of multistorey buildings, third edition (BR 135).
- Grenfell and professional indemnity insurance.
- Grenfell Tower independent expert advisory panel.
- Grenfell Tower industry response group.
- CIAT Grenfell Tower working group.
- ACA response to Hackitt report on Grenfell Tower.
- ICE Grenfell Tower review.
- Joint Competent Authority.
- Independent review of the building regulations and fire safety.
- Lakanal House fire.
- Procurement after Grenfell.
- Rainscreen cladding.
- Ronan Point.
- The Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005.
- Torre Windsor office building fire.
- Grenfell fire door investigation.
Featured articles and news
RIBA launches a consultation on a new Plan of Work for Fire Safety.
This article offers some basic rules to follow when writing your next specification.
The iconic Mackintosh Building will definitely be rebuilt, board chairwoman confirms.
The machinery used to fashion stone has changed dramatically - and so have the products.
This type of pile provides support to the building, as well as acting as a heat source and a heat sink.
Why investors are adopting the SDGs and why civil engineering could be crucial for delivering them.
Read about all the winners from the London ceremony of CIAT's 2018 Architectural Technology Awards.
How do you find the right stone to conserve historic buildings?
Appointment agreements often include a ‘scope of services’ setting out the consultant's performance on a project.
BSRIA study shows an increase of pre-terminated fibre connectivity.
Director of PiP Architecture explores the application of biophilic design principles.