- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
Last edited 19 Jun 2018
Grenfell tower articles
Articles about the Grenfell Tower fire are written by our editors and updated regularly. Scroll to the bottom of the articles for the latest developments:
- The overall story.
- Hackitt review of the building regulations and fire safety, final report.
- Public Inquiry.
Other related articles include:
- ACM cladding.
- ACM cladding testing by BRE.
- Advice for External Wall Insulation (EWI) systems with a render or brick-slip finish.
- Advice note for external wall systems that do not incorporate ACM.
- BS 8414 Fire performance of external cladding systems.
- BS 9999: Code of practice for fire safety in the design, management and use of buildings.
- BS 9991:2015 Fire safety in the design, management and use of residential buildings. Code of practice.
- Celotex insulation.
- CIAT response to Grenfell inquiry.
- Consultation on banning the use of combustible materials in the external walls of high-rise residential buildings.
- Fire performance of external thermal insulation for walls of multistorey buildings, third edition (BR 135).
- Grenfell Tower independent expert advisory panel.
- Grenfell Tower industry response group.
- CIAT Grenfell Tower working group.
- ACA response to Hackitt report on Grenfell Tower.
- ICE Grenfell Tower review.
- Joint Competent Authority.
- Independent review of the building regulations and fire safety.
- Lakanal House fire.
- Procurement after Grenfell.
- Rainscreen cladding.
- Ronan Point.
- The Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005.
- Torre Windsor office building fire.
- Grenfell fire door investigation.
Featured articles and news
Computational fluid dynamics (CFD) can go some way to show the impact of new buildings on their surroundings.
The shortlist for the 2018 prize for the UK's best new building is revealed.
Amendment to Bill aims to provide councils with greater powers to increase tax premiums on empty homes.
As the latest summer blockbuster 'Skyscraper' is released, we look at some of the best uses of buildings in film.
Read our introductory article on how to layout a building.
New cross-party report calls for combustible cladding ban to be extended to all high-rise residential buildings.
Dr Nicholas Falk, director of the URBED Trust, explains why metro cities are the future of urbanisation.
From next week, UK firms can bid for a share of a £12.5m fund to boost productivity, performance and quality.
A right to light generally refers to the right to receive sufficient light through an opening.
Interference and compatibility - the effects of electromagnetic fields in the workplace.