It is about time that Social Media was put to work for Construction. Stop tinkering around on the edges and get a structure in place.
After training in architecture, I spent five years teaching design and lecturing at the University of Liverpool School of Architecture and in the USA, and then 15 years managing architects practices.
In 2011 I launched a consultancy, Just Practising, which brings my expertise in the construction industry together with my success using social media in marketing these practices.
I now spend my time:
- Advising construction product companies, contractors and consultants how to integrate social media into their marketing and business development, customer service and recruitment.
- Teaching construction companies how to sell to architects effectively and get their reps, support staff, directors and websites more effective online.
- Training in Linkedin, Twitter and Blogging, both in house and at public workshops and online through your browser.
- Making social objects including documents, video, live blogs, and adapting client’s materials to a more effective purpose.
- Writing, Speaking and running workshops.
- Showing you how to make money out of social media, instead of just being there ‘because everyone else is’
Visit my website, JustPractising.com for more information.
I love networking! Maybe I can help you?
Managing Architects Practices, Business Consultancy to Professional Services, Marketing advice to architects and construction product companies, social media, social networking, construction industry knowledge, development issues, health procurement, listed buildings. Design skills, inclusive teaching of design ideas, Architectural politics. Use of Web 2.0/Social media for marketing and networking. Graphic visualisation of ideas. Operations and Facilities Management, Health & Safety and QM.
Featured articles and news
The origins, evolution and future of Level 3 BIM.
For new and returning Urban Design students, check out our article list divided up into the modules you'll be studying.
Report states that health of urban dwellers could be significantly improved by rethinking transport design.
The Kremlin, the centre of Russian power, includes some of the country's finest architecture.
Report launched outlining steps for a national infrastructure system that is efficient, sustainable, and delivers until 2050.
A review of Justin Bere's concise and well-presented introductory guide to Passive House.
This article describes in detail the tender process for a typical commercial construction contract.
What is energy storage, what are the different types and what is its future?
MAD Architects reveal their designs for a state-of-the-art concert hall in Beijing.
Take a look at BIG's designs for two twisting towers in New York City.
'The filing cabinet' which was labelled one of the best British buildings of the 21st century.