This article needs more work. To help develop this articles, click 'Edit this article' above.
Plastic cladding can have a number of benefits.
- Plastic cladding can lead to the improvement of the general appearance of a building, covering other materials and changing its feel and looks.
- The level of noise that penetrates through walls can be reduced by adding another layer of cladding, and this can be enhanced further by adding other materials between the cladding and wall.
- Cladding can be a substitute for tiles on the walls of bathrooms. It is easy to instal and maintain and requires no grouting. Plastic can be a good choice because of its waterproof quality. There is a wide range of bathroom wall panels and plastic cladding to choose from.
- Plastic cladding has good availability.
- It has low maintenance requirements and is durable.
- It is easy to instal.
- It is available in a range of colours and so does not need to be painted.
It can be less expensive to purchase plastic cladding direct rather than have a contractor purchase it. However, it is important to use a reputable supplier, and to agree any delivery fees in advance.
Featured articles and news
Watch one of the first documentaries by the acclaimed Adam Curtis, examining the substandard system building of the 1960s.
Take a look at the tech start-up that could transform construction design and communication.
This house in Barcelona uses an innovative new facade tiling system to blend into the landscape.
The origins, evolution and future of Level 3 BIM.
For new and returning Urban Design students, check out our article list divided up into the modules you'll be studying.
Report states that health of urban dwellers could be significantly improved by rethinking transport design.
The Kremlin, the centre of Russian power, includes some of the country's finest architecture.
Report launched outlining steps for a national infrastructure system that is efficient, sustainable, and delivers until 2050.
A review of Justin Bere's concise and well-presented introductory guide to Passive House.
This article describes in detail the tender process for a typical commercial construction contract.
'The filing cabinet' which was labelled one of the best British buildings of the 21st century.