Non-statutory consultees for planning permission
Local planning authorities are required to undertake statutory consultations on proposed development as set out in Article 10 of the Town and Country Planning (General Development Procedure) Order 1995.
Statutory consultees could include; the local authority, parish and community councils, Environment Agency, Civil Aviation Authority, Highways England, Historic England, English Nature and so on. See statutory consultees for more information.
Non-statutory consultees could include:
- The Commission for Architecture and the Built Environment (now part of the Design Council).
- County archaeological officers.
- Inland Revenue.
- Local authority environmental health officers.
- Minerals planning authorities.
- Navigation authorities.
- Police architectural liaison officers and crime prevention design advisers.
- Waste disposal authorities.
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
- Building regulations.
- Conservation areas.
- Consultation process.
- Designated sites.
- Listed buildings.
- Penfold Review.
- Planning permission.
- Statutory approvals.
- Statutory consultees.
- Tree preservation orders.
- The Town and Country Planning (General Development Procedure) Order 1995. contains a schedule of consultees and the circumstance under which they should be consulted.
- The Penfold Review, “Review of non-planning consents”.
- Implementation report on the Penfold Review
Featured articles and news
Watch one of the first documentaries by the acclaimed Adam Curtis, examining the substandard system building of the 1960s.
Take a look at the tech start-up that could transform construction design and communication.
This house in Barcelona uses an innovative new facade tiling system to blend into the landscape.
The origins, evolution and future of Level 3 BIM.
For new and returning Urban Design students, check out our article list divided up into the modules you'll be studying.
Report states that health of urban dwellers could be significantly improved by rethinking transport design.
The Kremlin, the centre of Russian power, includes some of the country's finest architecture.
Report launched outlining steps for a national infrastructure system that is efficient, sustainable, and delivers until 2050.
A review of Justin Bere's concise and well-presented introductory guide to Passive House.
This article describes in detail the tender process for a typical commercial construction contract.
'The filing cabinet' which was labelled one of the best British buildings of the 21st century.