Article: Emission rates
It is now a requirement of the building regulations to submit target CO2 emission rates (TER) and dwelling or building CO2 emission rates (DER or BER), along with a list of specifications used in the calculations.
- The target emission rate (TER) is calculated based on a notional building of the same size and shape as the actual building but with properties set out in the 2010 NCM Modelling Guide.
- The building emission rate (BER) is the emission rate, calculated using the actual specification for the building.
Within 5 days of the completion of the building, the contractor must notify building control that the works have been carried out in accordance with the specification, or inform them of the changes that have been made.
 Find out more
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
- Building log book.
- Building regulations
- CRC Energy Efficiency Scheme.
- Energy Act.
- Energy certificates.
- Energy Related Products Regulations.
- Energy targets.
- Green Deal.
- National Planning Policy Framework.