Construction progress report
Construction progress reports are prepared regularly (often monthly) by the contract administrator during the construction phase and issued to the client. They will generally be a summary of the reports received and discussions held at construction progress meetings.
Construction progress reports may be a combination of minutes of construction progress meetings and reports received during those meetings, with key issues highlighted in an accompanying cover note. Alternatively they may be a re-written version of that information prepared specifically to suit the client's requirements.
Construction progress reports might include:
- A summary of the progress made in each key area of the project.
- Analysis of progress against the programme
- An explanation of the causes of any delays.
- Progress photos.
- Analysis of key performance indicators.
- An assessment of any quality issues.
- Weather reports.
- An assessment of any health and safety issues.
- Reports of any issues with neighbours (such as noise, dust, vibrations, rights of light, access, safety etc).
- Reports about off-site fabrication and off-site payments.
- Earned value analysis.
- An assessment of any design issues.
- An assessment of any other issues that need to be addressed and proposals for addressing them.
- Any instructions required from the client.
- Look ahead to the next period (including specific requirements for progress photos during the next period, which may include off-site fabrication photos).
On construction management projects, the construction manager holds regular construction progress meetings with the client and consultant team, however they will also hold regular construction progress meetings with trade contractors to discuss on and off-site progress against the programme and to co-ordinate the release of information. It may sometimes be appropriate for these meetings to take place at the trade contractor's premises. Construction progress reports will then be prepared for the client.
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
- Construction progress meeting.
- Construction manager.
- Contract administrator.
- Consultant team.
- Construction stage report.
- Earned value analysis.
- Employer's agent.
- Health and Safety.
- Management contractor.
- Project manager.
- Project manager's report.
- Sub contractor.
- Works contractors.
Featured articles and news
Threshold for special measures designation raised again to 50% of major applications determined within the statutory period.
Government announces measures to allow starter homes to be built on rural exception sites.
Kaleida white paper suggests the objectives of Construction 2025 and Digital Built Britain will not be achieved unless there is a change in mindset.
As training levels fall, the government launches a consultation for a new apprenticeships levy which will apply to the construction industry.
BRE Trust report about the health and wellbeing impacts of natural and artificial lighting, accompanied by a handy infographic.
BS 8536-1:2015 Briefing for design and construction. Code of practice for facilities management (Buildings infrastructure).
You have until 31 August to comment of the proposed revisions to PAS 1192-2.
Will unmanned aerial vehicles revolutionise construction, or are they an unnecessary safety risk and an invasion of privacy?
For more news, go to the home page.