Construction progress report
Construction progress reports are prepared regularly (often monthly) by the contract administrator during the construction phase and issued to the client. They will generally be a summary of the reports received and discussions held at construction progress meetings.
Construction progress reports may be a combination of minutes of construction progress meetings and reports received during those meetings, with key issues highlighted in an accompanying cover note. Alternatively they may be a re-written version of that information prepared specifically to suit the client's requirements.
Construction progress reports might include:
- A summary of the progress made in each key area of the project.
- Analysis of progress against the programme
- An explanation of the causes of any delays.
- Progress photos.
- Analysis of key performance indicators.
- An assessment of any quality issues.
- Weather reports.
- An assessment of any health and safety issues.
- Reports of any issues with neighbours (such as noise, dust, vibrations, rights of light, access, safety etc).
- Reports about off-site fabrication and off-site payments.
- Earned value analysis.
- An assessment of any design issues.
- An assessment of any other issues that need to be addressed and proposals for addressing them.
- Any instructions required from the client.
- Look ahead to the next period (including specific requirements for progress photos during the next period, which may include off-site fabrication photos).
On construction management projects, the construction manager holds regular construction progress meetings with the client and consultant team, however they will also hold regular construction progress meetings with trade contractors to discuss on and off-site progress against the programme and to co-ordinate the release of information. It may sometimes be appropriate for these meetings to take place at the trade contractor's premises. Construction progress reports will then be prepared for the client.
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
- Construction progress meeting.
- Construction manager.
- Contract administrator.
- Consultant team.
- Construction stage report.
- Earned value analysis.
- Employer's agent.
- Health and Safety.
- Management contractor.
- Project manager.
- Project manager's report.
- Sub contractor.
- Works contractors.
Featured articles and news
Could Ecologic roof tiles help the government meet EU air pollution limits?
The Commission for Underperforming Towns and Cities publishes a report proposing 16 practical steps to boost economic performance.
Planning (Wales) Bill voted through.
Fascinating article by Keith Snook about the origins, future and potential of Building Information Modelling.
Paul Morrell calls for greater collaboration between the institutes in The Edge Commission Report on the Future of Professionalism.
Osborne announces legislation to allow devolution of transport, housing, skills, health and social care.
An analysis and criticism of the daylight factor and a call for research to standardise climate based daylight modelling
Consultation begins on minor alterations to housing and parking standards.
For more news, go to the home page.