Construction progress report
Construction progress reports are prepared regularly (often monthly) by the contract administrator during the construction phase and issued to the client. They will generally be a summary of the reports received and discussions held at construction progress meetings.
Construction progress reports may be a combination of minutes of construction progress meetings and reports received during those meetings, with key issues highlighted in an accompanying cover note. Alternatively they may be a re-written version of that information prepared specifically to suit the client's requirements.
Construction progress reports might include:
- A summary of the progress made in each key area of the project.
- Analysis of progress against the programme
- An explanation of the causes of any delays.
- Progress photos.
- Analysis of key performance indicators.
- An assessment of any quality issues.
- Weather reports.
- An assessment of any health and safety issues.
- Reports of any issues with neighbours (such as noise, dust, vibrations, rights of light, access, safety etc).
- Reports about off-site fabrication and off-site payments.
- Earned value analysis.
- An assessment of any design issues.
- An assessment of any other issues that need to be addressed and proposals for addressing them.
- Any instructions required from the client.
- Look ahead to the next period (including specific requirements for progress photos during the next period, which may include off-site fabrication photos).
On construction management projects, the construction manager holds regular construction progress meetings with the client and consultant team, however they will also hold regular construction progress meetings with trade contractors to discuss on and off-site progress against the programme and to co-ordinate the release of information. It may sometimes be appropriate for these meetings to take place at the trade contractor's premises. Construction progress reports will then be prepared for the client.
 Find out more
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
- Construction progress meeting.
- Construction manager.
- Contract administrator.
- Consultant team.
- Construction stage report.
- Earned value analysis.
- Employer's agent.
- Health and Safety.
- Management contractor.
- Project manager.
- Project manager's report.
- Sub contractor.
- Works contractors.
Featured articles and news
Inquiry finds the National Planning Policy Framework needs more time to 'bed in' and proposes changes to deal with weaknesses.
100,000 first-time buyers under 40 may be given a 20% discount on new homes, and a new design panel is established to ensure high quality.
We've had a go at defining the slightly ambiguous phrase 'smart construction'. If you have any other thoughts or ideas click 'Edit this article' and add them in.
Islington consult on proposals to tackle 'buy to leave' investment. But is a prison sentence a genuine threat?
Stephen Nickell misunderstands 'space' in his evidence to the Treasury Select Committee.
BRE paper published in response to potentially significant changes in the production and consumption of electricity in domestic buildings.