Articles about products and services
Products and services are a key part of the construction industry. Without them nothing could be built. As a result, we welcome factual articles about products and services on Designing Buildings Wiki.
Just follow these simple rules:
- Think encyclopaedia not magazine. Give facts not opinion.
- Articles should not be promotional, they should offer guidance, not adverts.
- Be balanced. Adopt a neutral position, listing both positive and negative characteristics.
- Think about what an independent commentator would write. You should never need to write 'I' or 'we'.
- Generic articles attract more readers. An article about lifts written by Otis will attract far more readers than an article about Otis lifts.
Please reserve promotional information about your company for your page about me. You create this page when you register on Designing Buildings Wiki. It can include contact details, links to your website and marketing material including images and logos, and anything else you care to add.
Your profile will then appear at the top of the article. See user signature for more information.
To get started, just click the big orange button.
For more general information about what to put in your article see the quick style guide.
Featured articles and news
The Kremlin, the centre of Russian power, includes some of the country's finest architecture.
Report launched outlining steps for a national infrastructure system that is efficient, sustainable, and delivers until 2050.
A review of Justin Bere's concise and well-presented introductory guide to Passive House.
This article describes in detail the tender process for a typical commercial construction contract.
What is energy storage, what are the different types and what is its future?
MAD Architects reveal their designs for a state-of-the-art concert hall in Beijing.
Take a look at BIG's designs for two twisting towers in New York City.
'The filing cabinet' which was labelled one of the best British buildings of the 21st century.
ICE's Bridge Engineering exhibition opens, showcasing a record-breaking LEGO bridge.
London-based architect unveils designs for tallest building in Israel.