Appointment of an adjudicator under JCT 98
This article needs more work. To help develop this article, click 'Edit this article'.
See also: Adjudication.
The process of appointment of an adjudicator under JCT 98 provisions:
- Clause 41A.1: either party may refer any dispute to adjudication
- Clause 41A.2: the adjudicator shall either be an individual agreed by both parties, or an individual to be nominated by the person named in the Appendix, provided that:
- Clause 41A.2.1: no adjudicator shall be agreed or nominated who will not execute the JCT standard agreement for appointment on an adjudicator, and
- Clause 41A.2.2: where either party has given notice of his intention to refer a dispute to adjudication then:
- any agreement by the parties must be reached with the object of securing the appointment of the adjudicator within 7 days of the notice
- any application to the nominator must be made with the object of securing the appointment of the adjudicator within 7 days of the notice
- once agreed or nominated, the parties shall execute with the adjudicator the JCT adjudication agreement
The particulars to be provided with the referral documents should include:
Featured articles and news
Watch one of the first documentaries by the acclaimed Adam Curtis, examining the substandard system building of the 1960s.
Take a look at the tech start-up that could transform construction design and communication.
This house in Barcelona uses an innovative new facade tiling system to blend into the landscape.
The origins, evolution and future of Level 3 BIM.
For new and returning Urban Design students, check out our article list divided up into the modules you'll be studying.
Report states that health of urban dwellers could be significantly improved by rethinking transport design.
The Kremlin, the centre of Russian power, includes some of the country's finest architecture.
Report launched outlining steps for a national infrastructure system that is efficient, sustainable, and delivers until 2050.
A review of Justin Bere's concise and well-presented introductory guide to Passive House.
This article describes in detail the tender process for a typical commercial construction contract.
'The filing cabinet' which was labelled one of the best British buildings of the 21st century.